Here are the Alternate Routes You Can Take During the SONA on Monday
Talk about the President’s State of the Nation Address (SONA), and you can already anticipate there’s going to be heavy traffic in some parts of Quezon City. In fact, you can expect it to happen, especially since it would be led by no other than controversial President Rodrigo Duterte.
The good thing is you can avoid the mad rush of traffic if you follow the rerouting schemes that the Department of Transportation (DOTr) and Quezon City Police District (QCPD) have released for Monday next week.
According to the QCPD, they will be putting up a counter-flow area in Commonwealth Avenue for motorists who are going in the direction of the Batasan Complex from the Quezon Memorial Circle.
This area will start at the zipper lane fronting Home Depot at Commonwealth Avenue. If you’re headed to IBP road, then the zipper lane will exit in front of Lido Restaurant, and if you’re going to Fairview, then it will end in front of Sandiganbayan.
Those headed northbound from Quezon Memorial Circle to Fairview are advised take the following alternate route:
1) Make a turn from Elliptical Road to Quezon Memorial Road.
2) Make a right turn to North Avenue, then turn right to Mindanao Avenue.
3) Go straight toward Old Sauyo Road.
4) Make a left turn to Regalado Avenue or Chestnut Street going to Fairlane.
5) Go straight towards your place of destination using the Commonwealth Avenue route.
Motorists who are going southbound from Fairview to Quezon Memorial Circle are also advised to take the following alternate route:
1) Turn right to Fairlane or Regalado Avenue from Commonwealth Avenue.
2) Go straight toward Old Sauyo Road.
3) Make a left turn to Mindanao Avenue.
4) Go straight towards the place of destination using the North Avenue or Visayas Avenue route.