Several Roads in Manila to be Closed for INC Event this Weekend
Expect traffic to be unusually heavy this weekend as several roads will be closed around Rizal Park from July 14 to 15 as the Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC) holds its Worldwide Aid to Fight Poverty progam in the area from July 14 to 15.
In an advisory issued by the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA), the stretch of Katigbak Drive, South Drive, and Independence Road will be closed to traffic, starting at 6 p.m. on Saturday, July 14.
And then from 12:01 a.m. of July 15, Sunday, the following roads will be closed as well:
- Road-10 from Moriones to Delpan Bridge;
- Bonifacio Drive from Delpan Bridge to Katigbak Drive;
- Roxas Boulevard from Katigbak Drive to P. Ocampo;
- East and Westbound lanes of P. Burgos from Lagusnilad to Roxas Boulevard;
- Finance Road from Taft Avenue To P. Burgos;
- Westbound lane of T.M. Kalaw from M.H del Pilar to Roxas Boulevard; and
- Westbound lane of Pres. Quirino from M.H del Pilar to Roxas Boulevard.
With so many roads closed on the weekend, the MMDA is advising motorists to take the following routes:
All vehicles utilizing the southbound lane of R-10 shall turn left to Moriones St. to reach their destination.
All vehicles coming from Pasay area that plan to utilize the northbound lane of Roxas Boulevard shall turn right to P. Ocampo Street or use Roxas Boulevard service road to reach their destination.
Vehicles coming from the three bridges–Quezon, McArthur, and Jones–that plan to utilize the southbound lane of Roxas Boulevard shall go straight to Taft Avenue to reach their destination.
All vehicles coming from Ayala Bridge shall turn left/right to Taft Avenue to reach their destination while those utilizing the westbound lane of Pres. Quirino shall turn left to Mabini Street.
Heavy vehicles/cargo trucks shall take Pres. Osmena, to Pres. Quirino going to Nagtahan via A.H. Lacson to Yuseco to Capulong to R-10 (vise versa).
The MMDA expects around 200,000 INC members to participate in the two-day event.