New and Used Hyundai Grand Starex for Sale Philippines
The concept of luxury in vehicles has certainly evolved through the years. In the past, the word simply meant lavish spending, and not much else (case in point, the Hummer H2). Today, luxury means exceptional up-market comfort complemented by premium features that serve both form and function. If there’s one vehicle that perfectly epitomizes this redefinition, it’s the Hyundai Grand Starex.
For many years, the Grand Starex became Hyundai’s constant game-changer in the Passenger Van category, helping it become one of the most recognizable names when a discussion turned to family vans of choice. Its reliability and reputation are strong enough to make it a huge favorite among buyers of new and used cars for sale alike. The Grand Starex started off as simply the Starex, and was built by the Hyundai Motor Company in Indonesia and its mother country, South Korea. First generation models were known as the Hyundai H200 in The Netherlands and the H-1 in Europe. The second generation enjoyed a much wider release, reaching Australia, the UK and Continental Europe alongside previous markets.
The Starex has also been marketed in China since 2002 under the name JAC Refine. The vehicle has enjoyed quite the success in the Middle Kingdom, earning a substantial 20 percent market share and winning “Year’s MPV” six years in a row, from 2003 to 2008. “Grand” was added to the name when Hyundai decided to make a more upscale version of their revered passenger van. Read our review below to see why buying a new or 2nd hand Hyundai Grand Starex in the Philippines is a purchase you won’t regret.
CARMUDI SCORESHEET FOR HYUNDAI STAREX
VALUE FOR MONEY
overall score by Carmudi's car expert:
The New Hyundai Grand Starex in the Philippines Has Been Finally Revealed
Hyundai Grand Starex 2016 Review in the Philippines
How is the 2016 Hyundai Grand Starex different from 2015 model?
Hyundai Motors has updated the Grand Starex van for the 2016 with a tweaked design and more standard features. Fresh updates to the model include:
- 8-inch high-res monitor
- 3-inch ceiling screen for passengers
- Revised front fascia
- Improved electronic features
What is new about the Hyundai Grand Starex 2016 design?
The latest Hyundai Grand Starex boasts of mild revisions inside and out that easily distinguishes it from its predecessor. Here are some of the new features:
- New grille
- Daytime running lamps
- Dual power sliding doors
- LED interior mood lamp
What are Hyundai Grand Starex 2016 specs and features?
The drivetrain of the Grand Starex, which consists of a 2.5-liter diesel mated to a manual or automatic gearbox, remains unchanged. Standout features of the vehicle include:
- Electronic Stability Program
- Two-tiered front door compartments
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Front and rear air conditioning system
- Slide, recline and split-fold rear seats
What are Hyundai Grand Starex 2016 prices in the Philippines?
This year’s model release comprises six different trims to choose from. Suggested retail prices for the 2016 Hyundai Grand Starex’s four top-tier trims are listed below:
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2016 2.5 CRDi-WGT 10-str 6MT: P1,688,000.00
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2016 2.5 CRDi-WGT 12-str 6MT: P1,728,000.00
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2016 2.5 SS 10-str 5AT: P1,818,000.00
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2016 2.5 Gold 10-str 5AT: P2,018,000.00
Hyundai Grand Starex Review in the Philippines
Hyundai Grand Starex Specs and Performance
The Grand Starex comes in two powertrain options: a 2.5 liter TCI SOHC 8-valve gasoline engine which produces 99 horsepower and 226 Nm of torque, and a 2.5 liter DOHC common rail fuel system (CRDi) with VGT technology which spurs 168 horsepower and 392 Nm of torque. Hyundai Grand Starex Suspension employs a MacPherson with coil spring and gas-type shock absorbers at the front and a rigid axle 5-link with coil spring and gas-type shock absorbers at the back. Thanks to this efficient system coupled with a smart engine location, the Starex lets you experience car-like ride and handling with the added benefit of high ground clearance. This van accelerates from 0-100 kilometers per hour (kph) in 12 to 17 seconds and can reach a top speed of 150 kph.
Hyundai Grand Starex Fuel Consumption
Fuel economy isn’t really one of the Hyundai Grand Starex’s strongest suit but, it does provide some decent returns:
New Hyundai Grand Starex fuel consumption:
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2016: 10.0 l/100km average rating
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2015: 10.1 l/100km average rating
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2014: 9.9 l/100km average rating
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2013: 9.9 l/100km average rating
Second hand Hyundai Grand Starex fuel consumption:
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2005: 12.4 l/100km average rating
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2004: 12.6 l/100km average rating
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2003: 11.2 l/100km average rating
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2002: 11.5 l/100km average rating
Hyundai Grand Starex Features
Hyundai Grand Starex Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Grand Starex is a multi-awarded vehicle. Recently, it bagged the top spot in the People Mover category at Australia's Best Car Awards by the Australian Automobile Association for two years in a row. For maximized practicality, the van version comes with twin swinging gates at the rear while the wagon variant is equipped with a hatch-style door. On top of that, owners can use maximize interior space using the seat variation feature. Other highlights of the vehicle include:
- LED room lamp
- AM/FM/CD/DVD entertainment unit
- Trip computer
- Back-up warning system
- Keyless entry and burglar alarm
- Rear seat air conditioning control
Hyundai Grand Starex Safety Features
One downside to the Hyundai Starex is that it has a very limited amount of safety features. However, it does compensate for this shortcoming a bit with its sturdily built frame and sheets. Here are the safety and security features to expect from the vehicle:
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Electronic Stability Program
- Back-up warning system
- Keyless entry and burglar alarm
- Front driver and passenger airbags (optional)
- Child safety rear door lock
Hyundai Grand Starex Design
Hyundai Grand Starex Interior
The new Grand Starex is a practical and hard-working carrier that can ferry both cargo and passengers with ease. The multi-purpose seating layout means there’s as much space for professional gear equipment and holiday luggage as there is for friends and family. Here are some features to expect in the latest Grand Starex interior:
- Power window controls
- Multi-switch panel
- Backseat tray
- Mirrored sun visor
- Sunglass case/map light
- LED-type cabin mood lamp
Hyundai Grand Starex Exterior
A true head turner on the road, the Grand Starex has managed to uphold a bold sophisticated look through the years, and the latest iteration remains consistent to this ideal. Both the Platinum and Premium Grand Starex wear reinvigorated exterior features such as body-colored side mirror with side repeaters, 16-inch alloy wheel design, front and rear bumpers plus a retooled chrome grille. Other exterior features of the vehicle are:
- Four-eye parking sensors
- Rear Parking Camera system
- Multi-reflector halogen headlamps
- Dual sliding doors
- Rear window defogger with timmer
- High mount stop lamp
Hyundai Grand Starex Color Options
Color choices for the current Hyundai Grand Starex available in the market include:
- Stone Black
- Gray Titanium
- Soft Ecru
- Blue Diamond
- Hyper Metallic
- Crystal White
Hyundai Grand Starex Pros and Cons
Hyundai Grand Starex advantages and disadvantages can be found below:
Hyundai Grand Starex Pros
- Known for its robust stability, the Hyundai Grand Starex is a tough and durable vehicle
- One of the main advantages of owning the Grand Starex is the high re-sale value.
- User-friendly and family-oriented, the Grand Starex guarantees maximum comfort inside.
- The proven reliability of the Hyundai Grand Starex has elevated its sales considerably.
Hyundai Starex Cons
- One of the negative aspects of the Hyundai Grand Starex is that it doesn't have many safety features.
- While the fuel economy of the Hyundai Grand Starex isn't the worst in its class, it isn't the best either.
- One irritating thing about the Hyundai Grand Starex is the absence of a rear screen wiper.
- Compared to some famous rivals, the Hyundai Grand Starex's engine is less powerful.
Hyundai Grand Starex Price List in the Philippines
Below is a list of new and second hand Hyundai Grand Starex prices that you may find when you browse through the Carmudi website:
New Hyundai Grand Starex Price in the Philippines
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2016 price in the Philippines: P1,818,000
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2015 price in the Philippines: P1,688,000
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2014 price in the Philippines: P1,400,000
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2013 price in the Philippines: P1,288,000
Second Hand Hyundai Grand Starex Price in the Philippines
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2012 price in the Philippines: P1,048,000
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2011 price in the Philippines: P898,000
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2010 price in the Philippines: P798,000
- Hyundai Grand Starex 2009 price in the Philippines: P738,000
Hyundai Grand Starex latest offers in the Philippines
Know more about Hyundai Grand Starex price list in the Philippines