New and Used Isuzu Giga for Sale Philippines
The Isuzu Giga, otherwise known as the Isuzu C&E Series, is a range of heavy-duty trucks produced for commercial use. It was first introduced in 1994 and was designed to replace the aging 810 truck line. It currently has 12 variants under its nameplate, with many different body designs and dimensions. The worldwide platform of the Giga has a standard cab, while a crew cab variant is available only in Australia.
The Isuzu Giga is placed under its manufacturer’s C trucks platform. In other markets, it also has a CNG variant that runs on compressed natural gas instead of the traditional diesel. Its massive body frame is not just for show, but also for carrying a greater payload. Locally, it competes with nameplates such as Mitsubishi Fuso Super Great, the Hino T2 and the Nissan LD20. Firms involved in transferring products and materials over cross-country distances will love the Giga for its massive payload, decent number of safety features and overall reliability. In 2015, Isuzu announced the release of the Giga’s second generation, finally replacing the first generation which ran for an impressive 21 years. With this fairly recent update, the Isuzu Giga 2017 remains unchanged for this year.
CARMUDI SCORESHEET FOR ISUZU GIGA
VALUE FOR MONEY
overall score by Carmudi's car expert:
Isuzu Giga Review in the Philippines
Isuzu Giga Specs and Performance
The Giga has numerous variants under its nameplate, housing several types of powertrain. One of its well-known power plants is the 30.4 liter 12PE1 gasoline engine which propels this commercial vehicle with 450 horsepower and 163 Nm of torque. It can also reach a top speed of 109 kilometers per hour. In other markets, the Giga appears with a 15.7 liter engine that delivers 450 hp output and 458 peak torque.
Isuzu Giga Fuel Consumption
Isuzu engineers underwent two years researching and developing the second generation Giga, creating its most attractive and fuel efficient heavy-duty transporter to date. Compared to its predecessor, the second generation Giga achieves a 10 percent improvement in its fuel consumption rate. Below are some of the Isuzu Giga’s most recent year models and their corresponding fuel economy rates:
New Isuzu Giga fuel consumption:
- Isuzu Giga 2017: 4.3 km/l average rating
- Isuzu Giga 2016: 4.3 km/l average rating
- Isuzu Giga 2015: 4.3 km/l average rating
- Isuzu Giga 2014: 4.7 km/l average rating
Second hand Isuzu Giga fuel consumption:
- Isuzu Giga 2013: 4.7 km/l average rating
- Isuzu Giga 2012: 4.7 km/l average rating
- Isuzu Giga 2011: 4.7 km/l average rating
- Isuzu Giga 2010: 4.7 km/l average rating
Isuzu Giga Features
Isuzu Giga Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Giga still has the conventional instrument cluster composed of big and clear gauges offering just the proper amount of illumination. It also has a more modern separate screen that helps you keep track of engine hours, fuel consumption, service intervals and more. Storage compartments are also available from cubby holes to cup holders. Other noteworthy features of the Isuzu truck include:
- Driver airbag with seatbelt pretensioner
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Cross and inter-axle locks
- ECE-R29 compliant cab
- Isuzu Front Underrun Protection Device
- ISRI 6860 seat with integrated seatbelt
Isuzu Giga Safety Features
Isuzu has equipped the Giga with safety features that are considered top-of-the-line for its range, such as:
- 3-point lap sash seatbelts
- Rectangular fog lights
- Anti-lock braking system
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution
- All-round ventilated disc brakes
- Service brake, park brake and trailer brake
Isuzu Giga Design
Isuzu Giga Interior
Inside the Giga is a hefty passenger cabin that can seat up to three people with enough headroom and legroom for the passengers and driver. Hard plastics cover the dashboard and doors which further emphasizes its no-frills, easy to maintain design. It also has fabric covered seats and a thick steering wheel with tilt and telescopic adjustments. Other creature comforts inside the vehicle include:
- Isri 6860 air suspension driver’s seat
- ADR 42 compliant sleeper with mattress
- Sleeper compartment curtains
- 2 DIN, Two speaker radio/CD multimedia unit
- Tilt/telescopic adjustable steering column
- Full interior trim with padded roof lining
Isuzu Giga Exterior
The Giga line is considered the biggest of the truck models built by Isuzu and is designed for heavy duty applications. These 10-wheeler trucks have a rigid body and alloy steel parabolic tapered leaf springs in its front suspension. The nameplate consists of numerous body configurations, such as the aluminum cargo truck, aluminum van, cab and chassis, Dropside and the refrigerated van. As for the truck’s standout exterior features, here’s what to expect:
- Full floating cab with air suspension
- 90-degree opening reinforced front doors
- Water spray suppression guards
- Halogen headlamps
- Bumper-mounted turn signals and fog lamps
- Laminated windscreen with shade band
Isuzu Giga Color Options
The Isuzu Giga is available only in Arctic White.
Isuzu Giga Pros and Cons
Here are some Isuzu Giga advantages and disadvantages according to Carmudi:
Isuzu Giga Pros
- The Isuzu Giga is a heavy-duty truck that is mainly known for its legendary reliability.
- The Isuzu Giga has 12 variants with different choices of specs to suit your needs.
- The Isuzu Giga is offered with a wide variety of advanced safety and security features.
- The Isuzu Giga has one of the best air-suspension driver's seats in the business.
Isuzu Giga Cons
- The interior design of the Isuzu Giga has hard plastics and low-quality materials.
- The Isuzu Giga offers nothing special in terms of exterior design and exterior features.
- The Isuzu Giga lacks in terms of technological features and general amenities.
- The Isuzu Giga is not the most affordable vehicle in the class. Some rivals are cheaper.
Isuzu Giga Price List in the Philippines
A brand new Isuzu Giga has a price tag of around P7 million, while a used or second hand Isuzu Giga for sale from 2000 and older generally costs around P2 million or less. Check out the prices to expect for a new or 2nd hand Isuzu Giga for sale in the Philippines when you contact an approved Isuzu Giga dealer or browse through Carmudi’s inventory:
New Isuzu Giga Price in the Philippines
Isuzu Giga 2017 price in the Philippines: P4,800,000
Isuzu Giga 2016 price in the Philippines: P4,800,000
Isuzu Giga 2013 price in the Philippines: P2,430,000
Isuzu Giga 2011 price in the Philippines: P920,000
Second Hand Isuzu Giga Price in the Philippines
Isuzu Giga 2010 price in the Philippines: P1,830,000
Isuzu Giga 2008 price in the Philippines: P1,880,000
Isuzu Giga 2007 price in the Philippines: P2,080,000
Isuzu Giga 2006 price in the Philippines: P590,000
Isuzu Giga latest offers in the Philippines
Know more about Isuzu Giga price list in the Philippines