New and Used Kia Sportage for Sale Philippines | Kia Sportage Price List
The Sportage is a compact SUV manufactured and produced by the South Korean automaker Kia since 1993. The car was built in the period when Kia had an alliance with Mazda and Ford, thereby giving early Sportage vehicles the same platform as the Mazda Bongo. The first generation lasted until 2004 with four major facelifts along the way. From 2004 to 2010, the new and improved second generation Sportage cars hit markets and were well-received, even receiving an award for being one of the most reliable vehicles from the 2009 Consumer Reports.
The 2011 Kia Sportage marked the beginning of the third generation, sharing the same engine with the Hyundai Sonata. By the time the 2013 Kia Sportage model came out, Kia Sportage worldwide sales were up to 428,578 units compared to 387,142 units in 2012. Today, with the Kia Sportage 2016 and Kia Sportage 2017 cars pushing the envelope with innovative styling, practical features, and optional convenient packages, the future looks bright for the compact crossover SUV that rose out of Asia.
Nowadays, many people seek Kia Sportage for sale in the Philippines due to the car's interesting styling, good fuel economy, spacious cabin, high build quality and affordable price. Enthusiasts usually compare Kia Sportage vs Hyundai Tucson vs Honda CR-V, in addition to many other great cars in the segment. Carmudi has prepared a detailed review of Kia Sportage in the Philippines, with information about its engine specifications, features, design, prices and latest offers.
CARMUDI SCORESHEET FOR KIA SPORTAGE
VALUE FOR MONEY
overall score by Carmudi's car expert:
The New Kia Sportage 2017 Has Been Finally Revealed
Kia Sportage 2017 in the Philippines
How is the 2017 Kia Sportage different from the 2016 model?
The new Kia Sportage 2017 has plenty of changes and updates regarding its exterior, interior and tech features. Some of the main changes include:
- Reduced body weight
- Bolder look
- Larger disc brakes
- Stiffer suspension
What is new about the Kia Sportage 2017 design?
The new design of the Kia Sportage 2017 has been made more aggressive yet more modern. Some of the main design changes are:
- Redesigned front grille
- New bumper
- Complete fascia redesign
- New redesigned HID and LED DRL
What are the Kia Sportage 2017 specs and features?
While the same trim levels will continue with the 2017 Sportage, some of them will have slightly different specifications. Many new and updated features can be found as well. Some of them include:
- New steering wheel
- Updated display panel
- Softer-touch interior materials
- Smartphone compatibility
What are Kia Sportage 2017 prices in the Philippines?
Kia Sportage 2017 price depends mostly on trim level and optional features added to the car. The base Kia Sportage 2017 for sale in the Philippines however is offered for the following:
- Kia Sportage 2017 price: P1,445,000
Kia Sportage Review in the Philippines
Kia Sportage: Engine Specifications and Performance
Giving the Sportage a solid push forward is a Nu 2.0 D-CVVT gasoline engine with a maximum torque of 19.6 kg.m at 4,000 rpm and a maximum power of 158 ps at 6,200 rpm. Paired with a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission and a four-wheel independent suspension with front and stabilizer bar, the Kia Sportage deftly handles bumps and uneven surfaces. Kia Sportage is also known for its smooth ride and sporty feel of the crossover while on the road. The latest generation Kia Sportage has a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine that generates 182 HP with a six-speed automatic transmission, and is also available as a 260-horsepower, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine.
Kia Sportage Fuel Consumption
The Kia Sportage is considered good in terms of fuel economy when compared to rivals from the same segment. Its fuel tank capacity also gives it a really long range. Here are some fuel efficiency comparisons between various Kia Sportage models from the past few years:
New Kia Sportage Fuel Consumption:
- Kia Sportage 2017: 10.2 avg L/100KM
- Kia Sportage 2016: 10.2 avg L/100KM
- Kia Sportage 2015: 8.9 avg L/100KM
- Kia Sportage 2014: 10.1 avg L/100KM
- Kia Sportage 2013: 8.4 avg L/100KM
- Kia Sportage 2012: 9.7 avg L/100KM
Used Kia Sportage Fuel Consumption:
- Kia Sportage 2011: 9.8 avg L/100KM
- Kia Sportage 2010: 11.9 avg L/100KM
- Kia Sportage 2009: 11.1 avg L/100KM
- Kia Sportage 2008: 12.2 avg L/100KM
- Kia Sportage 2007: 11.3 avg L/100KM
- Kia Sportage 2006: 11.2 avg L/100KM
Kia Sportage Features
Kia Sportage Convenience and Entertainment Features
Kia Sportage has plenty of standard and optional features that are related to the convenience and entertainment of the driver and passengers, especially in its new models. Some of the features include:
- USB connection
- 6 speakers
- AM/FM stereo
- Satellite radio
- Bluetooth wireless data link
- Cruise control
Kia Sportage Safety Features
Kia has made sure to equip the Sportage with a wide variety of safety features and system in order to protect the driver and passengers. Some of the safety features include:
- Full-length side curtain airbags
- Rollover sensor
- Traction and stability control
- 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS
- Brake Assist System
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution
Kia Sportage Design
Kia Sportage Interior Design
One look at the Sportage interior, and it’s easy to see how carefully planned out it is. Interior features that grant an awesome experience for occupants of the Sportage are the 6-speaker sound system, rear air vents, panoramic sunroof, and a 4.3-in TFT LCD touch screen audio system, to name a few. Some of the other interior features:
- Push-button start
- Dual-zone climate control
- Split-folding rear seatback
- Reclining rear seats
- Dual vanity mirrors
- Front seatback storage
Kia Sportage Exterior Design
Kia Sportage reviews can’t help but comment on the no-nonsense yet sharp exterior of the vehicle. Main exterior features of the Sportage include the iconic Kia “tiger nose” grille, black bezel headlamps with LED DRL as well as many other exterior details that make it a modern SUV. Exterior features are:
- Rear combination lamps
- Sculpted wheel arch
- Side sill molding
- Rear spoiler
- High-mounted stop lamp
- 17-inch alloy wheels
Kia Sportage Color Options
The Kia Sportage is available in a wide range of body colors in the Philippines, making it more possible to personalize your car. Here are some of the choices :
- Black cherry
- Clear white
- Bright silver
- Sage green
- Signal red
- Twilight blue
Kia Sportage Pros and Cons
Still having doubts over the new Kia Sportage? Here are some Kia Sportage advantages and disadvantages to help you decide.
Kia Sportage Pros
- The Kia Sportage is equipped with a powerful turbocharged engine.
- Compared to its rivals in the same class, the Kia Sportage has good fuel economy.
- Drivers of the new Kia Sportage are in for quick and poised handling.
- The new Kia Sportage’s 2.4-liter base engine offers an impressive output.
Kia Sportage Cons
- The new Kia Sportage unfortunately lacks an adequate backseat space.
- Even with an agile handling, some may find the Kia Sportage’s firm ride undesirable.
- The Kia Sportage’s smaller petrol engine lacks power.
- CD players are out for the new Kia Sportage.
Kia Sportage Price List in the Philippines
Depending on the year of production, the Kia sportage can be a very affordable car since its price range is very wide.
New Kia Sportage Price in the Philippines
- Kia Sportage 2017 price in the Philippines starts from P1,445,000
- Kia Sportage 2016 price in the Philippines starts from P1,370,000
- Kia Sportage 2015 price in the Philippines starts from P850,000
- Kia Sportage 2014 price in the Philippines starts from P742,000
- Kia Sportage 2013 price in the Philippines starts from P668,000
- Kia Sportage 2012 price in the Philippines starts from P620,000
Second-Hand Kia Sportage Price in the Philippines
- Kia Sportage 2011 price in the Philippines starts from P498,000
- Kia Sportage 2010 price in the Philippines starts from P468,000
- Kia Sportage 2009 price in the Philippines starts from P465,000
- Kia Sportage 2008 price in the Philippines starts from P350,000
- Kia Sportage 2007 price in the Philippines starts from P200,000
- Kia Sportage 2006 price in the Philippines starts from P160,000
Kia Sportage latest offers in the Philippines
Know more about Kia Sportage price list in the Philippines