Questions when Buying a car or other vehicle
Questions if you are an Individual seller
Questions if you are a Car Dealer
Questions concerning Fraud
How do I find the car that I am looking for on the website?
- You can find the car that you are looking for by using the search engine box on Carmudi’s homepage: simply select the make/model that you are interested in and click on the “Search” button. You can also fill in the “Keywords” box if you want your search to be more specific (options, color, etc.) and to narrow down the number of results you will get.
What if some of the vehicle’s features are missing from a specific listing?
- If some of the vehicle’s features are missing from a specific listing, please call the dealer to obtain more information about the car or contact our Customer Service department (either by mail, phone or chat box).
-How do I know that the vehicle that I am interested in is still available?
- To ensure that the vehicle that you are interested in has not been sold yet, please either contact the seller or our Customer Service department.
How can I contact the seller of the car that I am interested in?
- You can contact the seller directly by clicking on the “Show” button, located on the upper right hand side of the page, and then calling him on the number that appears. You can also send a pre-filled e-mail via the mailbox and the seller will in turn contact you.
How can I make sure that the car is in good condition?
- You can first look at the pictures of the car to make sure that everything is fine and that is has been well looked after. You can then make an appointment with the seller to see and test drive the car. We would also advise you to go see the car with your own trustworthy mechanic who will be able to check the engine’s condition.
Can I take out a loan to purchase a car? What will the down payment be?
- Dealers usually have a partnership with a specific bank and we would recommend that you call the dealer directly to inquire about the details. If this particular dealer has no partnership in place or if the seller is another individual, then you should probably go directly to a financing company and ask them about the conditions set on such a loan.
A 10% down payment is usually required for a person to take out a loan. However, the conditions of the loan may vary depending on the particular situation.
If I want to buy a specific car but it is in another location, will a delivery service be provided?
- Carmudi cannot guarantee the delivery of the car if the vehicle is in another location. However, we would recommend that you call the specific dealer/seller to see if there is a possibility that he can arrange a delivery for you.
How can I upload my listing to the website?
- Select your make and model details along with the price.
- Upload a minimum of 4 pictures of your vehicle.
- Enter your details so potential buyers can get in touch.
- Finalize your listing by adding your vehicle’s feature list!
When will the listing show on the website once I have submitted it?
- Once you have submitted your listing, it will be reviewed by our Quality Control department. After this step, which can take up to 24 hours, and if the listing is consistent with our quality requirements, your listing will show on Carmudi’s website.
Will I be able to modify my listing once I have uploaded it?
- Of course! To modify a previously uploaded listing, simply log in to your Carmudi account, select the listing concerned and modify the relevant items.
How much is my vehicle worth?
- The best way to estimate the market value of your vehicle is to look at the prices of similar vehicles (same year of entry into service, same mileage, same condition, similar options, etc.) listed on Carmudi’s website. You can then pick a price within a certain price range. If you want more information about how to price your car, you can check out our article about how to estimate your car's current value.
How will I be contacted by potential buyers?
- The potential buyers will either call you over the phone or will fill in the mailbox on our website. You will then be contacted by our Customer Service department.
What should I do if nobody contacts me once my listing is posted on the website?
- If nobody contacts you once your listing is online, it means that the information provided is not sufficient for potential buyers. We would therefore recommend that you improve the quality of your pictures or add some more, be as exhaustive as possible in your vehicle description and fill in the options as thoroughly as possible. Finally, if none of this works, you should perhaps think about decreasing the price of your vehicle as this may also suggest that your offer does not meet the potential buyers’ budgets.
How can I upload listings to the website?
- You can either refer to the previous tutorial or let us deal with the uploading of your listing to our platform.
I spotted a mistake in one of my listings, how can I modify it?
- To modify one of your current listings, please log in to your Carmudi account, select the listing concerned and modify the relevant item. You can also contact us and we will be happy to help you modify your listing.
Premium benefits: what benefits do I get if I set up a premium account?
- For further information about the benefits of premium membership, please feel free to contact our Customer Service department or the account manager that is usually in charge of your account.
How to avoid fraud when selling your car
- For transfer payments, please make sure that you have actually received the money into your bank account before giving the keys of your car to the buyer.
How to avoid fraud when buying a car
- When buying a car on Carmudi’s website, there are a few steps to follow in order to prevent fraud.
- First, you should know that every listing that is uploaded to our platform has been verified by our Website Quality Control service. However, we would advise you not to engage in any form of payment before meeting with the seller to see and test drive the car.
- To further protect yourself, please make sure to verify all the details of the seller prior to the actual meeting. Before making a transfer payment, you should be absolutely sure that the seller is trustworthy and that the car is in good condition. Bear in mind that if a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Therefore, always check the price of similar cars on Carmudi’s website to get an idea of the market value of the car that you are thinking of buying. If you would like some more tips to help you determine whether or not you are getting a good deal, take a look at our "How to buy your car online" article.
- For questions that are not answered in this section, please contact our Customer Service department by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.