Michelin offers Agilis 3 to PH commercial vehicle market
Global tire brand Michelin brings their latest offering to Philippines roads, targeting commercial vehicles to provide solutions in terms of safety and performance while addressing possible adverse environmental effects.
In line with the corporate promise “Performance and Safety Made to Last”, the Michelin Agilis 3 is now being marketed in the country to meet the needs of the customers involved in people and goods transportation activities, ready to provide optimum safety, environmental friendliness and lasting performance.
Michelin East Asia and Oceania B2B Marketing-Urban Mobility leader Shane Chadderton said that the latest offering is eyed to give advantage over current competitors in the segment.
“In line with Michelin’s “Performance and Safety Made to Last” brand promise, the new Michelin Agilis 3 is outfitted with innovative technologies and sophisticated features for long-lasting performance with optimum safety and environmental friendliness. These attributes not only provide a competitive advantage over current competitors in the same market segment, but also reinforces Michelin’s commitment for a more sustainable mobility,” Chadderton said.
“Essentially, this tire is well-positioned to be a sustainable urban growth engine. The latest breakthrough is a further evidence of Michelin Group’s sustainable performance strategy in favor of safer, cleaner, more accessible and more efficient mobility,” he added.
Michelin claims the Agilis 3 can deliver 5 percent (up to 1.9 meters) shorter braking distance when new, and 11 percent (up to 3.8 meters shorter when worn) versus the its major competitors; 25 percent higher mileage compared to the previous generation, and 12 percent superior rolling resistance.
These perks are due to the notable technologies it has, such as the following:
- Stone Ejectors: horizontal bars in the tread groove designed to minimize stone trapping;
- Sidewall Shields: made with an abrasion-resistant rubber compound, that provide extra sidewall shoulder protection of 1.5mm thickness versus the current generation, without compromising the casing flexibility;
- Innovative Compound with higher density of silica and carbon black materials for improved wet grip, fuel saving, and mileage performances;
- U-Shape Grooves that allow a higher water clearance for lasting wet grip performance;
- Full Depth Sipes that help ensure good flexibility of the tread blocks, resulting in market-leading wet grip performance, both when new and when worn; and
- Undertread which keeps the operating temperature cooler, thus reducing fuel costs.
“As 97% of Michelin Agilis 3 is sourced within the region, it ensures effective on-demand delivery across Asia Pacific countries, as well as minimizes environmental impact and shipment costs. Moreover, the newly launched tire is specifically designed with reinforced casing to meet challenges of the region’s usages and road conditions,” Chadderton during the virtual reveal.
“With uncompromised performance plus all the benefits and advantages that come with it under the ‘Safer for Longer’ slogan, we are convinced that Michelin Agilis 3 will be warmly received and greatly appreciated in the Philippines,” he added.
Michelin Philippines Corporate Communications Officer Fiona Valle assured that though they have limited sizes at the moment, they will have the complete lineup (from 13- to 17-inch diameter) by February. The size ranges cover the light 1-to-3-ton load segment.
From Michelin Philippines