5 Things You Need To Know About The New Mitsubishi Xpander
The 2018 Mitsubishi Xpander is the first generation of the upscale MPV model and incorporates Mitsubishi’s new direction for styling and technology. Dubbed as the Next-Gen MPV, the new Mitsubishi Xpander is MMPC’s entry into the growing compact MPV market in the country, which includes the likes of the Toyota Innova, Kia Carens, and Honda Mobilio. Carrying some of the latest top-end accessories, the Xpander is expected to bring more of the instantly recognizable quality that Mitsubishi is known for.
After its unveiling last Friday, March 2, at the World Trade Center in Pasay City, Carmudi takes a deeper look into the new Mitsubishi Xpander and identifies five tidbits that you deserve to know about the new compact MPV.
- MMPC started pre-selling the Xpander on January 24, 2018. Since then, it has received 1,000 firm orders. Delivery of these orders will commence on May 2018.
- Mitsubishi has a target sales number for the Xpander this 2018. The Japanese car brand plans to sell a whopping 80,000 units for this year alone! With 1,000 orders down, the company only has 79,000 more units to go.
- At 4,475 mm, Xpander’s cabin is the longest in its class. There’s enough space for seven adults, courtesy of the three-row seating configuration. Ingress and egress to the third row seats are made easy by the tumbling system used for the second-row seats.
- The Xpander is available in four variants: GLX (basic trim), GLX Premium, GLS, and GLS Sport (highest trim). All trims are equipped with a 1.5-liter MIVEC engine that delivers 104 hp and 141 Nm of torque. Both the GLX and GLS trims come with a five-speed manual transmission. Meanwhile, the GLX Premium and GLS Sport have four-speed automatic gearboxes.
- The name Xpander represents Mitsubishi Motors Corporation CEO Osamu Masuko’s ambition to make the Xpander a global car. Beginning with the Asian market, CEO Masuko plans to take the Xpander to other global markets, promising to penetrate and succeed in the European market in the near future.