Yamaha brings Y-Connect to PH market
The local distributor of Japanese motorcycle giant Yamaha has announced yet another expansion of sorts with availability of Y-Connect on select units.
Yamaha Motor Philippines has unveiled the Y-Connect app, which gives the proper information to the motorcycle owners where it is applicable. Upon downloading it via Google Play or App Store, Y-Connect users can now check for the following:
- Parking locator: to locate the last paired location for the motorcycle
- Fuel consumption tracker: logs fuel consumption and can plan the next top-up
- Malfunction advisor: during an electrical malfunction, riders will be advised to head to the nearest Yamaha shop
- PMS schedule reminder: As it constantly tracks the bikes status, it can give you an advise on when your next preventive maintenance needs to be
- Fuel economy indicator: it will give you the figures when riding the motorcycle, giving you more transparency on your habits at the throttle.
Also, introduction of the mobile app-based technology came following the opening of the expanded manufacturing facility that starts the local production of the well-received Yamaha Nmax155.
Will this technology expand to other motorcycle offerings soon? We can hope as of the moment.
Photos from Yamaha Motor Philippines Inc.