CARMUDI SCORESHEET FOR HONDA CR-V 2019
VALUE FOR MONEY
overall score by Carmudi's car expert:
Honda CR-V 2019
The Honda CR-V has proven its durability, reliability, and efficiency in the local automotive market. From the time it was first introduced on Philippine shores back in late 1990s up to now, the CR-V has completely and constantly provided what the market is in dire need of.
Now on its fifth generation, the Honda CR-V was the odd-man out when it came out in 1996; a monocoque-bodied crossover at a time when the popular vehicles in the market were pickup-based seven-seater SUVs. But such uniqueness gave the smaller CR-V more traction in the in the car sales race in the Philippines.
The CR-V has become one of the most admired vehicle in its segment. With the diesel engine variant offered in the current CR-V, it proves that it still is a game-changer in the market.
Through the years, the Honda CR-V has offered more when it comes to space and features, giving its customers more than what they have bargained for.
Housed in a redesigned bigger and wider front fascia, the honeycomb with chrome bar for its front grille gives everyone the idea what is in store for them inside. Chrome garnish in the fog lamps housings, lower door and grilles gives it a dash of elegance, together with the dual-tone 18-inch alloy wheel design.
The LED headlights were made bigger for better illumination and the auto leveling feature on the premium variants make it even better. LED fog lamps and DRLs make sure you never run out of lighting ahead of you.
The rear design resembles the face of a hawk, ready to devour its prey due to the chrome accents and tail lamps’ positioning.
The overall design of the cockpit keeps everything you need at an arm’s length, and the overall black/faux wood provides the comfort and sophistication that everyone has been looking for.
Whether you pick the five-seater or the seven-seater variant, the CR-V would provide the spaciousness every occupant deserves.
The Honda CR-V is available in two powertrains: a 2.0-liter gasoline and 1.6-liter diesel. To further boost your already fuel-friendly vehicle, the City has this Active ECON button inside for more trips rather than topping up.
The color variants for the Honda CR-V are passion red pearl, dark olive metallic, white orchid pearl, modern steel metallic, crystal black pearl and lunar silver metallic.
Top class variant of the Honda CR-V (SX Diesel seven seater) has impeccable safety and security features with its Honda SENSING features such as the lane departure warning, forward collision warning, road departure mitigation, lane keep assist, collision mitigation braking system and adaptive cruise control.
Specs and Features
- Honeycomb with chrome bar accent on front grille, rear
- Chrome garnishes in lower door and fog lamp housing,/li>
- Dual-tone, 18-inch wheels
Interior Specs (SX diesel variant)/p>
- Seven inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Black leather seats
- Black interior/ faux wood trimmings
- Button-type transmission
Safety/Security/ Tech Features (SV variant)
- Lane departure warning,
- Forward collision warning,
- Road departure mitigation,
- Lane keep assist,
- Collision mitigation braking system
- Adaptive cruise control.
- ABS with EBD and VSA
- 1.6-liter i-DTEC (diesel)
- 2.0-liter SOHC I-VTEC (gasoline)
- Nine-speed automatic transmission with electronic gear selector
The Honda CR-V, despite its look and stature, is primarily for the paved roads. Urban-based families can take advantage of the perks that it provides.
The Honda CR-V gives the crossover market a good competition. It is not your typical city slicker. It performs well and looks even better.
Priced a little bit higher than its competitors, it has a lot of features to enjoy.
- The Honda CR-V City provides more features than its competitors in the market.
- Space and overall design are the departments that the Honda CR-V does not lack.
Honda CR-V Review in the Philippines
Honda CR-V Specs and Performance
Over the years, the performance of Honda CR-V is being significantly improved. It is now known for its solid handling, enhanced braking and overall better control. At first, the CR-V has been paired up with a serviceable 16-valve DOHC I4 engine. Ever since the serviceable statistics of the first generation’s powertrain (the 2.0-liter) at 150bhp@630rpm and 186Nm@4500rpm), Honda focused on steadily improving the capabilities of the CR-V’s engine while spurring the development of the vehicle’s other important features forward. The trim level in the third generation, which is the 2.4 S-X, generates 170bhp@5800pm and 231Nm@4200rpm.
The latest models of Honda CR-V come in four varieties: 2.0 V MT, 2.0 V AT, 2.0 S AT, and the 2.4 SX Navi AT. All trim levels use an Inline 4 cylinder DOHC I-VTEC engine. The 2.4-liter i4 engine produces 185 hp and 245 Nm of torque. The 2015 model is also mated with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) instead of a 5-speed automatic in the previous models. It allows the car to accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 8.5 seconds, before it reaches a top speed of 199 km/h.
Honda CR-V Fuel Consumption
The Honda CR-V is among the best in its class regarding fuel economy. It comes with ECON mode button, which is designed specifically to improve fuel economy by adjusting the engine and other auxiliary systems. It also has the Earth Dreams™ technology, which lowers fuel consumption without compromising the performance. Here are some fuel efficiency comparisons between various Honda CR-V models from the past few years:
New Honda CR-V Fuel Consumption:
- Honda CR-V 2018: Will be available soon
- Honda CR-V 2016: 8.6 avg L/100KM
- Honda CR-V 2015: 9.1 avg L/100KM
- Honda CR-V 2014: 8.9 avg L/100KM
- Honda CR-V 2013: 8.9 avg L/100KM
- Honda CR-V 2012: 10.2 avg L/100KM
Used Honda CR-V Fuel Consumption:
- Honda CR-V 2010: 10.3 avg L/100KM
- Honda CR-V 2009: 10.2 avg L/100KM
- Honda CR-V 2008: 10.2 avg L/100KM
- Honda CR-V 2007: 9.8 avg L/100KM
- Honda CR-V 2006: 10.2 avg L/100KM
- Honda CR-V 2005: 10.6 avg L/100KM
Honda CR-V Features
Honda CR-V Convenience and Entertainment Features
The biggest reason behind the Honda CR-V’s solid reputation in the Philippines is the amount of space you will get in an SUV that drives and handles like a sedan. Aside to that, many convenience and entertainment features are also available, including:
- 7-speaker audio system
- Bluetooth connectivity
- USB and AUX ports
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Customized steering wheel
- 7-inch touchscreen display
Honda CR-V Safety Features
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gave the 2015 Honda CR-V a “Superior” rating in Front Crash Prevention and a “Good” rating on the major aspects of the vehicle’s crashworthiness. The CR-V is also loaded with safety features, including:
- G-CON body structure
- Child seat anchors
- Front airbags
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution
- 3-point ELR seatbelts
- Reverse camera
Honda CR-V Design
Honda CR-V Interior Design
One of the reasons behind the popularity of Honda CR-V in the Philippines is its comfortable interior and generous cargo space. It is a perfect family SUV with a nice-looking cabin made of high-quality materials and upscale details. While it is true that the interior got a luxurious facelift recently, Honda’s knack for driver-centric engineering was not lost in all the classy beauty. Some of the interior features include:
- Push start button
- Power windows
- Ambient light
- Sun glass cover
- Reclining rear seats
Honda CR-V Exterior design
From the outside, the latest Honda CR-V has a stylish, modern exterior design with restyled parts and wonderful new details. The curves, lines, chrome, and plastic components that dot the crossover’s exterior are not overdone. Every single exterior asset gives the current Honda CR-V a great shape and feel. Some of the exterior features include:
- Gloss black grille
- Side turn lights
- Daytime running lights
- Rear defogger
- 17/18-inch wheels
- Roof rack
Honda CR-V Color Options
The Honda CR-V comes available to the Philippines car markets in a choice of different body colors to choose from. Some of these colors are:
- Copper sunset pearl
- Modern steel metallic
- Brilliant sporty blue metallic
- White orchid pearl
- Crystal black pearl
- Silver metallic
Honda CR-V Pros and Cons
Find out the Honda CR-V’s advantages and disadvantages below:
Honda CR-V Pros
- The exterior design of the Honda CR-V is stylish and attractive, especially the new models.
- The Honda CR-V has a comfortable interior with generous cargo space and seating area.
- When compared to rivals from the same class, the Honda CR-V has great fuel economy.
- In addition to ample power, the Honda CR-V has fair handling and enhanced brakes.
Honda CR-V Cons
- Although the interior is attractive, the presence of some hard plastics in the cabin is a let-down.
- The Honda CR-V is expensive for the top trim and isn't the most affordable car in the class.
- Critics note that the Honda CR-V is a bit noisy, especially on bad road surfaces.
- The auto transmission of the Honda CR-V provides less output than some rivals.
Honda CR-V Price List in the Philippines
Carmudi has prepared a price list of the available Honda CR-V for sale in the Philippines as the following:
New Honda CR-V Price in the Philippines
- Honda CR-V 2018 price in the Philippines starts from P1,569,000
- Honda CR-V 2017 price in the Philippines starts from P1,333,000
- Honda CR-V 2016 price in the Philippines starts from P1,363,000
Second-Hand Honda CR-V Price in the Philippines
- Honda CR-V 2016 price in the Philippines starts from P1,180,000
- Honda CR-V 2015 price in the Philippines starts from P900,000
- Honda CR-V 2014 price in the Philippines starts from P888,000
- Honda CR-V 2013 price in the Philippines starts from P768,000
Honda CR-V latest offers in the Philippines
Honda CR-V price list by year
Toyota Innova Additional Advice
Want to know if the Honda CR-V is the car for you? Or do you have questions relating to car finance, insurance, or maintenance? Carmudi has some helpful articles below that will guide you on your way: