2019 Manila International Auto Show Opens Today
The Manila International Auto Show (MIAS), arguably the country's biggest motor show held annually, opens its doors today at the World Trade Center Metro Manila (WTCMM) in Pasay City for its 2019 staging.
A number of new-car launches and debuts are expected on opening today. What we can confirm so far are the following:
- Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. (HARI), the Korean carmaker's distributor in the Philippines, will showcase the Hyundai Palisade which debuted globally in November 2018 at the Los Angeles Auto Show;
- Auto Nation Group (ANG), the official importer and distributor of Jeep in the country--among other brands such as Chrysler, Dodge, and RAM--will preview the all-new Jeep Compass and another vehicle it has yet to identify (the recently-launched Jeep Gladiator, perhaps?);
- The Covenant Car Company, Inc. (TCCCI), Chevrolet's official distributor in the Philippines, will launch the all-new, sixth-generation Chevrolet Camaro;
- Kia Philippines is expected to show off the Kia Stinger after the numerous sightings in the metro this week; and
- Coventry Motors Corporation (CMC), the sole authorized distributor of Jaguar and Land Rover in the country, will give everyone a "virtual reality sneak peek" of the all-new Range Rover Evoque, which is to be launched later this year.
Other things to watch out for at the MIAS 2019 are the vehicle aftermarket sellers in the World Trade Center tents and the Russ Swift Stunt Show courtesy of Subaru's local-market distributor, Motor Image Pilipinas.
MIAS 2019 will run until April 7 with ticket prices at PHP100 each. Also, tickets will only be available at the North Wing, which is the tent area right in front of the WTCMM main building so make sure to buy your tickets there first before you proceed to the entrance in the main building.
See you there!