Marcos Bridge Up for Rehabilitation
Heads up, eastern Metro Manila residents, the Marcos Bridge on Marcos Highway is set for eight-month rehabilitation.
In a press briefing held on April 30, Tuesday, Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) General Manager Jojo Garcia announced that the eastbound portion of the bridge is the first to be closed.
“Starting Saturday, May 4, at 11 PM, we are going to close the eastbound portion of the Marcos Bridge until the next four months,” said Garcia.
Garcia said the bridge’s rehabilitation is long overdue, citing that private contractors have been requesting for the schedule of the repair since last year.
Vehicles going to Antipolo could take the westbound direction while vehicles to Cubao in Quezon City could use the service road in front of SM Marikina.
Private contractors of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) will work on the other direction after four months, Garcia said.
A challenge in the bridge’s closure, Garcia noted, is trucks passing the bridge, prompting the agency to adjust the truck ban hours to 6 AM-10 AM from the existing 7 AM- 10 AM.
To guide motorists, signage has already been put in place along Marcos Highway. According to the agency, at least 3,000 vehicles traverse the road per hour.
Cubao to Antipolo Route
1. From Cubao, take Aurora Blvd. then A Boni Flyover, straight ahead Sumulong Highway to Antipolo
2. From Cubao, take Aurora Blvd. then right turn to Katipunan Ave, left turn to Boni Serrano and take FVR Road straight to Macapagal Bridge then Marcos Highway to Antipolo
3. From Cubao, right turn to 15th Avenue, then left turn to Boni Serrano, take FVR Road straight to Macapagal Bridge then Marcos Highway to Antipolo.
Trucks from Cubao to Antipolo Route
1. From Cubao, take Aurora Blvd, then Right Turn to Katipunan Avenue and left Turn to Boni Serrano then U-Turn to C-5 Road, straight to FVR Road take Macapagal Bridge then Sumulong Highway to Antipolo.
Antipolo To Cubao Routes
1. From Antipolo, take Sumulong Highway then A. Bonifacio Avenue Straight Ahead Aurora Blvd., To Cubao.
2. From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway and right turn to Fernando Ave, then take A. Bonifacio Ave. straight ahead Aurora Blvd. to Cubao.
3. From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway then FVR Road, right turn to Katipunan Avenue, left turn to Aurora Blvd. straight ahead to Cubao
4. From Antipolo, Take Marcos Highway Then FVR Road straight ahead take Boni Serrano Ave., then right turn to 20th Ave., left turn to Aurora Blvd., to Cubao
Trucks From Antipolo To Cubao Route
From Antipolo, Take Marcos Highway then FVR Road Straight Ahead, right turn to Katipunan Ave., left turn to Aurora Blvd. straight ahead To Cubao