Petron Announces Comprehensive ‘Lakbay Alalay’ for 2018
Philippine oil giant Petron has just announced a comprehensive year-round program for its ‘Lakbay Alalay,’ its three-decade-old program of servicing motorists during Holidays, most especially during the Holy Week.
Aligned with this year’s theme, the Best ang Byahe, Petron concocted a program that has expanded from ensuring a car’s roadworthiness to taking care of the driver’s well-being and now, even before the start and extended up until you’re back home from the journey.
Keeping with the Filipinos’ prayerful nature, Petron encourages every driver to start with the “Driver’s Prayer” every time they get behind the wheel.
To ensure that every car is in tip-top shape, drivers can drive into participating Petron Car Care Centers and service stations that offer safety checks. If needed and they choose to, they can enjoy the convenience of preventive maintenance service from Petron through its products.
As part of the public information materials for Petron Lakbay Alalay are safety reminders through banners like ‘Seatbelts save lives’ and ‘Helmets on, headlights on’ along the major thoroughfares.
To serve Holy Week motorists, Petron Lakbay Alalay will be activated March 28, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., and on March 29, from 4 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the following Petron service stations:
• North Luzon: PEC1 NLEX, Marilao Bulacan; Lakshore NLEX, Mexico, Pampanga; Parkville Km 42 Plaridel, Bulacan; and TPLEX Km 134 Northbound, Pura, Tarlac.
• South Luzon: PEC 3 SLEX, San Pedro, Laguna; PNCC Km 44 SLEX, Silangan, Cavite; and Star Tollways, Malvar, Batangas.
• Visayas: West Diversion Road, Mandurriao, Iloilo City; Cebu North Road, Tabok, Mandaue City, Cebu; and Law-An, Talisay, Cebu.
• Mindanao: National Highway, Bo. Bulua, Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental; Bgy. Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental; Diversion Road, Buhangin, Davao City; and National Highway, Ulas, Davao City, Davao del Sur.
On March 31, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., and on Sunday, April 1, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., the Petron Lakbay Alalay teams will be at:
• North Luzon: PEC 2 NLEX, Bocaue, Bulacan and TPLEX Km 134 Southbound, Pura, Tarlac.
• South Luzon: Star Toll, Lipa City, Batangas and MATES, SLEX Km 44, Silangan, Cavite.
The Petron Lakbay Alalay was first launched during the Holy Week of 1986, with its signature Lakbayanihan spirit of Petron employee-volunteers. This passion to serve has been nurtured for more than 30 years, continuing to promote safety through empowerment. The tradition of volunteerism for the company’s program is being passed on to the next generation of Petron’s rising stars, who will continue to find ways to give Filipino motorists the best ang biyahe experience with Petron.
Relatedly, the Petron Lakbay Alalay road safety component—‘Best Biyahe Caravan’—will soon be going to seven schools, three communities, and 3 malls, in addition to the usual station activations during the long holiday weekends.
Further, Petron has its ‘Bisita Gasulista‘ campaign to ensure the safety of your family by checking your Petron Gasul LPG tanks for leaks and other dangers.