New and Used Suzuki Jimny for Sale in the Philippines | Suzuki Jimny Price List
Jimny is a line of mini SUVs manufactured and produced by Japanese automaker Suzuki since 1970. It is available in three body styles: 2-door wagon, 2-door van and 2-door convertible. The third and current generation of this off-road SUV has started in 1998. Suzuki first delved into the production of four-wheel-drive vehicles after it purchased the Hope Motor Company in 1968. The Suzuki Jimny was one of its first forays into the segment. The first variant, the LJ10, housed a two-stroke, in-line two cylinder engine. It has gone through three generational changes throughout its production life. The Jimny was first introduced to the Philippines back in 1998, almost three decades after it first came out in Japan. It was introduced in two trim levels, and immediately established between the SUV and subcompact segment. It made a name for itself as a car for drivers who wanted the impressive ground clearance of a SUV with the versatility of a sedan or hatchback.
Nowadays, many people seek Suzuki Jimny for sale in the Philippines. And due to the tough competition, enthusiasts compare Suzuki Jimny vs Ford Escape vs Honda Mobilio vs Subaru Forester, in addition to many other great cars in the segment. To help you make a better purchasing decision, Carmudi has prepared a detailed review of Suzuki Jimny in the Philippines, with information about its engine specifications, features, design, prices and latest offers.
CARMUDI SCORESHEET FOR SUZUKI JIMNY
VALUE FOR MONEY
overall score by Carmudi's car expert:
Suzuki Jimny Review in the Philippines
Suzuki Jimny: Engine Specifications and Performance
The first models of the Suzuki Jimny were kitted out to prioritize off-road performance and speed. At the heart of the 2015 Suzuki Jimny is a 1.3L DOHC 16V 4-cylinder engine that produces 80bhp@5500rpm and an impressive 110Nm@4500rpm. The transmission options available for the Jimny are a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic. The other components of the Suzuki Jimny include: a recirculating ball steering system with hydraulic assist, ventilated discs for front brakes, leading and trailing drum for rear brakes, a three-link rigid axle suspension system with coil spring, and 205/70R15 tires.
Different Suzuki Jimny reviews made by local and foreign media noted that the Jimny is a difficult child to operate on the road. However, it shines spectacularly once the paved roads end and the rugged ones begin. The suspension, torque and handling of the Jimny help it perform well in off-road roads, making it a perfect car for drivers who frequently traverse rough roads.
Suzuki Jimny Fuel Consumption
While the actual fuel efficiency of the Suzuki Jimny depends on the driving style, the general fuel consumption rates of the Jimny are considered average for the class, but not the best out there. Here are some fuel efficiency comparisons between various Suzuki Jimny models from the past few years:
New Suzuki Jimny Fuel Consumption:
- Suzuki Jimny 2017: TBA
- Suzuki Jimny 2016: 8.6 avg L/100KM
- Suzuki Jimny 2015: 8.6 avg L/100KM
- Suzuki Jimny 2014: 8.6 avg L/100KM
- Suzuki Jimny 2013: 9.1 avg L/100KM
- Suzuki Jimny 2012: 8.7 avg L/100KM
Used Suzuki Jimny Fuel Consumption:
- Suzuki Jimny 2011: 8.0 avg L/100KM
- Suzuki Jimny 2010: 8.9 avg L/100KM
- Suzuki Jimny 2009: 9.0 avg L/100KM
- Suzuki Jimny 2008: 9.7 avg L/100KM
- Suzuki Jimny 2007: 10.6 avg L/100KM
- Suzuki Jimny 2006: 10.6 avg L/100KM
Suzuki Jimny Features
Suzuki Jimny Convenience and Entertainment Features
There are various Suzuki Jimny accessories you can purchase to personalize your Jimny. Many standard and optional convenience features are also available, including:
- DIN audio system
- Power windows
- Power door locks
- Power side mirrors
- Carpet mat sets
- Easy-to-read cluster
Suzuki Jimny Safety Features
The Suzuki Jimny’s safety features provide protection to the driver and the passenger in case of an accident. The safety details and equipment are available both standardly and optionally. They include:
- 3-point ELR seatbelts
- Side impact beams
- Keyless entry system
- ABS system
- ESC system
Suzuki Jimny Design
Suzuki Jimny Interior Design
The appeal of the 2015 Suzuki Jimny’s interior design is also up in the air, as it has not really changed in form. Tech-savvy drivers will find the Jimny lacking in features, while the no-nonsense crowd will love the SUV’s simplicity. The Jimny is equipped with a fair amount of interior features to add more comfort and appeal to the cabin, including:
- Tachometer and odometer
- Light off reminder alarm
- Key left reminder alarm
- Synthetic leather upholstery
- Fully trimmed doors
- Foldable rear seats
Suzuki Jimny Exterior Design
The exterior design of the Suzuki Jimny immediately gives away what Suzuki aims to achieve: a pint-sized iteration of bigger and more intimidating off-roaders. Every component of the exterior—from the car design to the grille—is specifically made to showcase this design. Some of the exterior features include:
- Big bumpers
- Roof Rack
- Simple body contours
- Vertical-slit grille
- Alloy Wheels
- Multi-reflector headlamps
Suzuki Jimny Color Options
The Suzuki Jimny comes available to the Philippines car markets in a choice of different body colors to choose from. Some of these colors are:
- Superior white
- Silky silver metallic
- Granite grey
- Bluish black pearl
- Scarlett red
Suzuki Jimny Pros and Cons
The following is a list of Suzuki Jimny advantages and disadvantages:
Suzuki Jimny Pros
- The Suzuki Jimny is a smart choice because it is affordable and cheap to maintain.
- One of the main features of the Suzuki Jimny is its impressive off-road capability.
- The Suzuki Jimny is easy to drive and park. It is practically suitable for daily life.
- The Suzuki Jimny is tough and well-built. The reliability and durability are guaranteed.
Suzuki Jimny Cons
- The Suzuki Jimny engine is a bit underpowered and the vehicle is extremely slow.
- The interior of the Suzuki Jimny is cramped. The rear seats in particular are tight.
- The Suzuki Jimny has poor handling and it is a bit uncomfortable on the motorway.
- The Suzuki Jimny has high CO2 emissions and its engine is considered a little thirsty.
Suzuki Jimny Price List in the Philippines
Carmudi has prepared a price list of the available Suzuki Jimny for sale in the Philippines as the following:
New Suzuki Jimny Price in the Philippines
- Suzuki Jimny 2017 price in Philippines: P738,000
- Suzuki Jimny 2016 price in Philippines: P690,000
- Suzuki Jimny 2015 price in Philippines: P690,000
- Suzuki Jimny 2014 price in Philippines: P620,000
- Suzuki Jimny 2013 price in Philippines: P600,000
- Suzuki Jimny 2012 price in Philippines: P550,000
Second-Hand Suzuki Jimny Price in the Philippines
- Suzuki Jimny 2010 price the Philippines: P498,000
- Suzuki Jimny 2009 price in Philippines: P495,000
- Suzuki Jimny 2008 price in Philippines: P350,000
- Suzuki Jimny 2007 price in Philippines: P325,000
- Suzuki Jimny 2006 price in Philippines: P300,000
- Suzuki Jimny 2005 price in Philippines: P240,000
Suzuki Jimny latest offers in the Philippines
Know more about Suzuki Jimny price list in the Philippines