0 Results Found

Sorry, no matches found.

Updating results
Dong Feng truck for sale

Dongfeng for sale in the Philippines

Dongfeng Motors (DFM) is a brand under the joint venture (JV) of state-owned Chinese automaker Dong Feng Motors and Swedish car company Volvo. The joint venture was signed in 2013, where 55 percent of the JV would be owned by DFM and the remaining 45 percent by Volvo.

The commercial vehicle (CV) arm of DFM and Volvo produces medium sized and heavy-duty trucks for the Chinese market. This move was brought about by the change in production of Dong Feng which was predominantly a commercial vehicle builder. In 2012, however, DFM shifted to building passenger cars which now comprises 73 percent of its production.

In 1969, Dongfeng (which means "East Wind" in Chinese) started out as the Second Automobile Works. The company retained its previous name until 1992 when it changed it to DFM. The company has had the largest amount of joint ventures with foreign companies among Chinese auto firms.

Technology and innovation

At the turn of the new millennium, DFM began ventures with its foreign counterparts such as Japanese brands Toyota and Nissan in 2003. A year earlier, it also partnered with Kia, a South Korean car producer. Other joint ventures the company has participated in include collaborations with Renault, Volvo and Peugeot.

The role of Dongfeng in these ventures was to primarily build or sell their foreign partners’ vehicles in China. In 2010, the company reported sales of 1.72 million passenger vehicles. It also reported to have produced 3.76 million vehicles in 2012, the majority of which were passenger vehicles.

Popular models

Dongfeng is prominently known for its trucks and haulers, which are mainly targeted at industries such as construction and delivery. For its commercial vehicle production, Dongfeng uses the brands U-Vane for its light CVs, Fengxing for Multi-Purpose Vehicles (MPVs), and Dongfeng Bus for its busses and coaches.

The Dongfeng Trucktor Head is a six-wheeler vehicle usually used for transporting large amounts of products. Some of the models under this product line include the Dong Feng KX, which is known for its efficiency on long haul operations.

The Dongfeng Dump Truck is a massive truck used in construction sites transporting materials such as sand, gravel and earth. In quarries, dump trucks are always used together with excavators that extract terrestrial substances.

Helping small businesses operate is the long line of Dongfeng Light Trucks which come in a variety of sizes and functions. It sports a strong front fascia with a double-lined chrome grille and rhombus-shaped headlights and fog lamps.

Another great product from this renowned Chinese truck brand is the Dongfeng Drop Side, which is used for small hauling operations. It has a durable body frame and an extended flatbed area. This line of trucks serves multiple purposes.

Availability of Dongfeng in the Philippines

China Dongfeng Motor Distributors Philippines, Inc. is the official distributor of Dong Feng products in the country.

Interesting facts about Dongfeng

"Advancement with Pride" was DFM's slogan which was launched in 2013. Part of Dongfeng's marketing strategy for the Philippines is its aggressive plan for major dealerships to take advantage of the country's booming construction and infrastructure development projects that require additional commercial vehicles.

Seller Contact Details

If you would like a faster loan processing time, you may also access our comprehensive online application form.

Here are some tips from us here at Carmudi!
Mentioning Carmudi will make the call more efficient
Always meet the seller before making any (down) payment
Call NOW! Good cars sell out quickly!
Seller Contact Details
To see the Seller's contact details, kindly provide us your details.
Need a loan for this vehicle
By clicking on the button above you agree to the terms in our Privacy Policy.
Message Seller

One-Time Password (OTP) sent via SMS.

To verify your loan request, enter OTP below.

Oops! Seems we're having a hard time verifying the OTP you've been entering. Please try a new one.

Sorry, but there seems to be a problem with your OTP request. Please try verifying your number again on your next visit to www.carmudi.com.ph, after 24 hours

Didn't get your OTP? Wait for seconds Request a new OTP


Alright! We have received your request.

If you would like a faster loan processing time, you may also access our comprehensive online application form.

Verifying ...