DPWH to Repair EDSA, C5, Other Metro Manila Roads This Weekend
The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) will undertake road reblocking on various national roads in Metro Manila from 11 PM Friday, August 16, until 5 AM Monday, August 19.
With clearance from the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA), DPWH-National Capital Region (DPWH-NCR) Director Ador G. Canlas said that repair works will be undertaken at Epifanio de los Santos Avenue (EDSA). These are:
- Fronting Sojen and Chevrolet, fifth lane from sidewalk;
- Outer lane from Magallanes-Baclaran Bus Stop going to Magallanes-Alabang Bus Stop; and
- Eugenio Lopez Drive to Scout Borromeo. The
- First lane from the sidewalk from before New York Street.
Repair activities will also be carried out at the northbound direction of Circumferential Road 5 (C5), from C.P. Garcia approach to Kalayaan Avenue Extension.
Other roads to undergo road repair and rehabilitation works include:
- Southbound direction of Katipunan Avenue from Boni Serrano Tunnel approach, truck lane;
- Eastbound direction of Quirino Highway from Theresa Heights and before Belfast, inner lane;
- Eastbound direction of Elliptical Road from before Commonwealth Avenue, seventh lane from sidewalk, outer lane; and
- Westbound direction of General Luis Street, from Oriental Tin.
Motorists are advised to take alternate routes due to traffic slowdown in the affected areas while construction is on-going.