Five Things That Make the Rolls-Royce Cullinan a Topnotch Luxury SUV
Rolls-Royce has a new family member. Say hello to the Rolls-Royce Cullinan, the first-ever SUV from the British luxury automaker. Who would have thought that this would happen? It only proves that SUVs have a huge following in the global market. This is not the first time that a luxury automaker ventured into developing its own SUV.
For the past years, a number of manufacturers known for producing high-end cars have entered the SUV arena. Some of which are Lamborghini and Bentley, which produced the Urus and the Bentayga respectively. In addition, Ferrari is also rumored to reveal its own SUV.
Since the Rolls-Royce Cullinan is the newest challenger in the luxury SUV segment, we laid out five things that make it a topnotch SUV.
1. Powered by a V12 engine, the Rolls-Royce Cullinan is a two-punch combo machine. Yes, it’s luxurious in terms of looks but it’s also a vehicle that doesn’t want to compromise performance. The Cullinan is fitted with a 6.75-liter twin-turbo V12 engine that delivers 563 hp and 850 Nm of torque. It also comes with an all-wheel drive system.
2. Setting the benchmark in luxury SUVs, the Cullinan is named after the largest diamond ever discovered. With that in mind, Rolls-Royce wanted to make this vehicle as the standard of luxury in SUVs. The automaker said that the Cullinan’s “contemporary and functional” design gives the vehicle an “iconic status in the face of increasingly bland SUV designs.”
3. In true VIP fashion, the Cullinan lowers itself by 40mm when you press the unlock button, making your entry effortless. Once inside, a touch of a button signals the doors to automatically close. When the driver presses the start button, the Cullinan elevates 40mm to its standard ride height.
4. Rolls-Royce’s SUV is available with two seat configuration options. If you lean towards functionality, go for the Lounge configuration as it can accommodate three rear passengers. On the other hand, if you’re the kind of person who likes ultra-luxury things, then the Individual configuration is for you. It has two individual rear seats that are separated by a center console featuring a drinks cabinet with Rolls-Royce whisky glasses and decanter, champagne flutes, and refrigerator.
5. Throughout the Cullinan’s development stage, Rolls-Royce intended to make it a vehicle that can tackle harsh road conditions. With that, it equipped the vehicle with an ‘Everywhere’ button, which unleashes the beast within the Cullinan. Roll-Royce said that this button will give a ‘Magic Carpet Ride’ off-road enjoyment as the Cullinan can drive through almost any terrain.