Marcos Bridge Westbound to Close on Monday, Aurora-Araneta Intersection for 1 Week
Some areas are expected to have heavier traffic congestion starting this weekend.
First, the westbound portion of Marcos Bridge will be closed starting next week, Monday, August 26, at exactly 12 noon “for repair and rehabilitation” while the eastbound part, which was closed since May, is now open to vehicular traffic.
“After less than three months of repair, motorists going to Antipolo can now utilize the eastbound portion of the bridge,” said Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) General Manager Jojo Garcia.
He also said that a zipper lane will be implemented on the eastbound side for those going out of Marikina due to the larger volume of vehicles during rush hours.
The closure will last for four months.
Motorists are advised to take the following alternate routes:
Light vehicles taking CUBAO TO ANTIPOLO ROUTE:
– From Cubao, take Aurora Blvd., then right turn to Katipunan Ave., take Service Road of Libis Underpass, left turn to Boni Serrano and take FVR Road straight to Macapagal Bridge then Marcos Highway to Antipolo;
– From Cubao, right turn to 15th Avenue then left turn to Boni Serrano, take FVR Road straight to Macapagal Bridge then Marcos Highway to Antipolo.
Trucks taking CUBAO TO ANTIPOLO ROUTE:
– From Cubao, take Aurora Blvd., then right turn to Katipunan Ave., take service road of Libis Underpass, left turn to Boni Serrano, straight to FVR Road, take Macapagal Bridge then Sumulong Highway to Antipolo.
Light vehicles taking ANTIPOLO TO CUBAO ROUTES:
– From Antipolo, take Sumulong Highway, then A. Bonifacio Avenue, straight ahead Aurora Blvd., to Cubao;
– From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway and right turn to Fernando Avenue, then take A. Bonifacio Ave. straight ahead Aurora Blvd. to Cubao;
– From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway, take down ramp to Marcos Bridge Service Rd., then FVR Rd., straight ahead right turn to Katipunan Ave., left turn to Aurora Blvd., straight ahead to Cubao;
– From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway then FVR Rd., straight ahead take Boni Serrano Ave., then right turn to 20th Ave., left turn to Aurora Blvd., to Cubao.
Trucks taking ANTIPOLO TO CUBAO ROUTE:
– From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway then FVR Rd. straight ahead, right turn to Katipunan Ave., left turn to Aurora Blvd. straight ahead to Cubao.
Further, the scheduled closure of the Aurora-Araneta Intersection in Manila will push through this weekend, and will last for seven consecutive nights (11 PM–5 AM) after the contractors encountered technical difficulties.
The said area, which will make way for the the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project, will remain passable in the morning and will be reopened on Friday, August 30.
Motorists are advised to take these alternate routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
– From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
– Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
– Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.;
– Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
– From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
– Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.