Southern Tagalog Arterial Road (STAR) Tollway Now Using RFID Payment System
Good news to all motorists traveling south of Metro Manila. The Southern Tagalog Arterial Road (STAR) Tollway‘s RFID system is now fully-operational starting this October.
Now, passengers have the option to use the regular cash lanes available at the tollway, or they can also use the Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) tag that can be used in all 42-kilometer toll roads from Santo Tomas, Batangas to Batangas City.
Star Tollway Corp., the operator of the Star Tollway, hopes this will reduce waiting and transaction time at toll plazas not just on regular days but also holidays.
“We encourage motorists to utilize the Autosweep RFID access as mode to pay their toll fees. This is one of the plans that we are implementing in order to lessen hassle and ensure faster travel. We are more optimistic that with the inclusion of the Star Tollway into San Miguel Infrastructure’s Autosweep RFID system, we will be able to handle vehicle volumes at a faster rate,” Star Tollway said.
What’s an RFID system?
An RFID system works by reading intelligent bar codes that are embedded in RFID tags and cards. These codes “talk” to a network system so it tracks every RFID-equipped vehicle that passes through a tollgate equipped with the said system..
Here are the RFID enrollment and reloading stations you can go to:
- Sta. Rosa Toll Plaza Southbound
- Ayala Greenfield Toll Plaza Southbound
- Southwoods Toll Plaza Southbound
- Skyway Bicutan
- SLEX Silangan
- Filinvest Toll Plaza Southbound
- Southwoods Toll Plaza Northbound
- Carmona Toll Plaza Northbound
- Sta. Rosa Toll Plaza Northbound
Also listed as enrollment/reloading stations are the following:
- Petron San Pedro Southbound
- Petron Dasmariñas Northbound
- Shell Putatan Southbound
- PShell Mamplasan Northbound
- Petron KM 44 Northbound
- Petron Malvar KM 75 Southbound
- Petron Lipa KM 79 Northbound
- Petron Ibaan KM 86 Northbound
- Shell Magallanes Southbound
You can also reload at STAR’s e-loading partners:
- First Alpha at selected Petron SanMig Food Ave.
- 7-Eleven Stores
- Shell Select
- Total Bonjour and China Bank
- ECPay at selected Petron Treats
- Western Union powered by DA5;
- Touchpay kiosks at Petron
- Total and other private establishments
- Petron SanMig Food Ave.
- Ayala Mall
- Starmall Alabang
- SM Hypermart, SM Business Centers, SM Bills Payment
- Bank of Commerce online payment or ATM
- Robinson’s Department Store bills payment centers