DOTr's Routes for Free Rides for Frontliners now at 19
To increase the efficiency of public transportation, the Department of Transportation (DOTr) has increased its routes for the Free Ride for Health Workers Program to 19 routes in Luzon, a big step from the initial three routes set on March 18.
Listed below are the newly added routes:
NORTH EAST AREA, ROUTE 17
- SM City SJDM*
- North Caloocan Doctors Hospital
- Dr. Jose N. Rodriguez Memorial (Caloocan)
- Bagong Silang Market
- National Center for Mental Health (Camarin)
- Caloocan City North Medical Center
- Almar Market
- Novaliches Market/Queensberry Hospital
- Bernardino General Hospital II
- SM Fairview/Commonwealth Hospital & MC*
SOUTH WEST AREA, ROUTE 18
- Robinsons Place General Trias/Divine Grace Medical Center
- San Pedro Calungsod Medical Center (Kawit) *
- Binakayan Hospital and Medical Center.
- St. Dominic Medical Center (Bacoor)
- Baclaran Market*
SOUTH EAST AREA, ROUTE 19
- First Cabuyao Hospital and Medical Center*
- Balibago Transport Terminal-Sta. Rosa*
- Caltex Rizal Boulevard
- Perpetual Help Medical Center – Binan*
- Binan Community Hospital
- Westlake Medical Center
- Divine Mercy Hospital
- SM Center Muntinlupa*
- Medical Center Muntinlupa
- Starmall Alabang*
"This Free Bus Service is an initiative of the DOTr, in cooperation with the Office of the President, House of Representatives, Supreme Court, Office of the Solicitor General, Court of Appeals, Sandiganbayan, Department of Health (DOH), Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG), Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), Philippine National Police (PNP), Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines, Land Transportation Office (LTO), Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB), Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA), Philippine Coast Guard (PCG), and Inter-Agency Council for Traffic (I-ACT)," DOTr stated in its Facebook post.
"It is also made possible by the partnership with private bus companies such as HM Transport, San Agustin, MetroExpress, RRCG, Megaworld Corp. (Citilink), Precious Grace, Grace Transport, Ceres, Jac Liner, Dagupan Bus, St. Rose Transit, Hafti Transport, Jasper Jean, Pascual, Hi-Star, Pamana, Ube Express, G-Liner, Thelman Transit, Manrose, Pilipinas Autogroup, Beep, Star 8, and automotive company Foton."