Honda PH asks: Do you or do you not need to mod your motorcycle?
When you have been exposed to the motorcycle scene long enough, the next target after getting your trusty steed would be “modding it”.
These modifications make your motorcycle a reflection of your taste as well as your needs—to have more confidence in your bike and enjoy a better riding experience with it.
Honda Philippines, Inc. (HPI) gave some basic yet essential motorcycle modifications that can benefit a rider in terms of safety and convenience.
- LED Lights. Better illumination would help fellow vehicle drivers on the road to see you, most especially during nighttime.
- Anti-Theft Alarms. Despite the presence of chains and locks, thieves nowadays are very much equipped to break these so it still pays to install an anti-theft alarm on your motorcycle to deter possible theft.
- Utility Box. This can be vary to fit the needs of every rider. These boxes come in different sizes that allow you to carry small items to even something as big as a full-sized helmet.
- Brake Mods. This goes beyond aesthetics. Always make sure that the motorcycle you own has enough stopping power that would fit your capability as rider.
- Suspension Mods. If the suspension is too stiff or too soft, this will take its toll on balance while the bike is driven.
Once you know what you need, the next assignment would be looking for shops that will help you achieve your goals. However, any modifications will run into some money so, make sure you are willing to shell out—after all, it’s worth every peso.
Is there such a motorcycle that does not need any modification? In fact, some motorcycles make it a point to address the abovementioned issues.
HPI believes that one of their motorcycles, the All-New AirBlade150 befits all the motorcycle rider’s needs.
This scooter has an ample 150cc SOHC liquid-cooled engine to meet stop-and-go situations and has enough braking power thanks to its Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), which prevent wheels from locking up.
It also has an All-LED Lighting System including headlight, position light and tail light for excellent road illumination, and Smart Key with Answer Back System as well as Anti-Theft Alarm.
It also has a 22.7L Utility Box that can accommodate helmet with enough room for personal belongings with a Power Socket and LED Lamp inside.
The All-New AirBlade150 is retailed at all of Honda motorcycle dealerships with a suggested retail price of P109,000.
Photo/s from Honda Philippines Inc.