New and Used Tamaraw for Sale Philippines | Toyota Tamaraw Price List
The Tamaraw is a compact MPV (AUV/SUV) manufactured and sold by the Japanese automaker Toyota. Tamaraw is a Tagalog word for a water buffalo. The vehicle was named as such because it was meant to mirror its animal namesake’s strength and tenacity. When the Tamaraw was launched in the Philippines in 1991, the country was introduced to an entry-level, bare bones Asian utility vehicle. However, as Filipinos soon discovered, there was more to the Tamaraw than met the eye.
The Tamaraw was completely conceptualized, designed and sold in the Philippines by Toyota. The vehicle featured high seating capacity, rugged suspension and large clearance—perfect for a country with plenty of poor quality roads and large families.
In 1993, the FX body replaced the old Tamaraw design. At the height of the FX’s popularity, it typically found use as a public transportation vehicle, ferrying 9 to 11 passengers at a time. The vehicle became a huge hit for Toyota, spawning many imitations. Eventually, the car grew out of date as new vehicles were introduced, and due to declining sales, Toyota decided to discontinue the Tamaraw in 2002. It was replaced by the Toyota Revo, which initially adopted the Tamaraw name before dropping it altogether in 2005.
People who sought the Toyota Tamaraw for sale in the Philippines did so due to its history of reliability, durable frame and affordable price. They usually compared the Toyota Tamaraw vs Isuzu Hilander vs Mitsubishi Adventure. Carmudi has prepared a detailed review of the Toyota Tamaraw in the Philippines, with information about its engine specifications, features, design, prices and latest offers.
CARMUDI SCORESHEET FOR TOYOTA TAMARAW
VALUE FOR MONEY
overall score by Carmudi's car expert:
Toyota Tamaraw Review in the Philippines
Toyota Tamaraw Specs and Performance
The Toyota Tamaraw AUV went through a lot of engines during its lifespan. First was a 1.3-liter 4K engine, which was replaced by a 1.5-liter version in 1986. The 4K was phased out in 1994 and replaced with a 1.8-liter gasoline engine or a 2.4-liter 2-cylinder, SOHC diesel engine. The gasoline engine poured in 78 horsepower and 132 Nm of torque while the diesel engine chimed in 69 horsepower and 160 Nm of torque. Top speed for Toyota Tamaraw engines is 130 kph.
The Toyota Tamaraw Suspension system makes use of an independent double wishbone system at the front and a rigid axle with leaf springs at the rear.
The Tamaraw models in the Philippines found immense popularity with small private taxi operators. The vehicles were often used to transport passengers from station to station on specific routes, often over-packed with passengers and traveling for hours on end. If there’s any question about its reliability, that image truly conveys just how dependable the Tamaraw is on the road.
Toyota Tamaraw Fuel Consumption
The Toyota Tamaraw managed to get average fuel consumption rates throughout its years of production. Here are some approximate fuel efficiency comparisons between various Toyota Tamaraw models from the years it was produced:
New Toyota Tamaraw Fuel Consumption:
- Toyota Tamaraw 2002: 8.8 avg L/100KM
- Toyota Tamaraw 2001: 8.8 avg L/100KM
- Toyota Tamaraw 2000: 8.8 avg L/100KM
- Toyota Tamaraw 1999: 8.8 avg L/100KM
- Toyota Tamaraw 1998: 8.8 avg L/100KM
- Toyota Tamaraw 1997: 8.8 avg L/100KM
Used Toyota Tamaraw Fuel Consumption:
- Toyota Tamaraw 1996: 9.5 avg L/100KM
- Toyota Tamaraw 1995: 9.5 avg L/100KM
- Toyota Tamaraw 1994: 9.5 avg L/100KM
- Toyota Tamaraw 1993: 9.5 avg L/100KM
- Toyota Tamaraw 1992: 9.5 avg L/100KM
- Toyota Tamaraw 1991: 9.5 avg L/100KM
Toyota Tamaraw Features
Toyota Tamaraw Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Toyota Tamaraw has a fair amount of convenience and entertainment features for the driver and passengers. Some of the standard and optional features include:
- Manual air conditioning
- Wide cargo space of 500 liters
- Standard lights
- AM/FM/Cassette audio system
- 2-4 speakers
Toyota Tamaraw Safety Features
While the reliability of the Tamaraw helped many owners minimize the damage from car crashes, not many safety features were available at that time. Some of the safety features are:
Pretensioners-equipped seatbelts (upscale models)
Fog lamps (upscale models)
Toyota Tamaraw Design
Toyota Tamaraw Interior Design
The Tamaraw’s cabin may be sparse, but ingress and egress is fairly easy. Inside its decently spaced interior are basic features such as fabric covered seats, manual air conditioning and standard lights. Later models came with a wider cargo space that can hold approximately 500 liters. Some interior features are:
- Fabric or vinyl seating material
- Manual seating adjustment
- Urethane steering wheel
- Fixed steering wheel adjustment
- 10 seats
- Dual climate control
Toyota Tamaraw Exterior Design
The Tamaraw immediately exudes ruggedness. Its boxy frame, which was the reigning design type for vehicles during the 90s, pretty much ensured the Tamaraw’s place at number one; couple that with the AUV’s multi-functionality, affordability and durability, and what you have is a vehicle that satisfies the many varying lifestyles and needs of Filipinos. Some exterior features are:
- 15-inch steel wheels
- Wraparound plastic front bumpers
- Wraparound plastic rear bumpers
- Black side mirrors
- Black side door handles
- A step board
Toyota Tamaraw Color Options
The Toyota Tamaraw came available to the Philippine car markets in a choice of different body colors to choose from. Some of these colors are:
Toyota Tamaraw Pros and Cons
If you are considering buying a Toyota Tamaraw FX, then read the following advantages and disadvantages below to help you decide:
Toyota Tamaraw Pros
- The Tamaraw is very affordable and easy to maintain.
- The Toyota Tamaraw’s cabin is very spacious.
- You can fit 10 people inside the Toyota Tamaraw comfortably.
- The Toyota Tamaraw is a practical vehicle with a reliable performance.
Toyota Tamaraw FX Cons
- The Tamaraw’s engine is somewhat of a gas guzzler.
- The Toyota Tamaraw’s engine is also prone to smoke belching.
- The Tamaraw’s A/C is not that cold, even when maintained regularly.
- Some may find the Tamaraw’s handling does not inspire confidence.
Toyota Tamaraw Price List in the Philippines
Carmudi has prepared a price list of available new and 2nd hand Toyota Tamaraw for sale in the Philippines:
New Toyota Tamaraw Price in the Philippines
- Toyota Tamaraw 2002 price in the Philippines starts from N/A
- Toyota Tamaraw 2001 price in the Philippines starts from N/A
- Toyota Tamaraw 2000 price in the Philippines starts from P210,000
- Toyota Tamaraw 1999 price in the Philippines starts from P205,000
- Toyota Tamaraw 1998 price in the Philippines starts from P150,000
- Toyota Tamaraw 1997 price in the Philippines starts from P135,000
Second-Hand Toyota Tamaraw Price in the Philippines
- Toyota Tamaraw 1996 price in the Philippines starts from P125,000
- Toyota Tamaraw 1995 price in the Philippines starts from P115,000
- Toyota Tamaraw 1994 price in the Philippines starts from P110,000
- Toyota Tamaraw 1993 price in the Philippines starts from P100,000
- Toyota Tamaraw 1992 price in the Philippines starts from N/A
- Toyota Tamaraw 1991 price in the Philippines starts from N/A
Toyota Tamaraw latest offers in the Philippines
Know more about Toyota Tamaraw price list in the Philippines