EVAP ‘Encouraged’ Over Major Carmakers Joining EV Industry
The leadership of the Electric Vehicle Association of the Philippines (EVAP) said that the group sees the joining of major automotive manufacturers in the EV race positively.
During the 7th Philippine Electric Vehicle Summit, EVAP President Edmund Araga said the participation of major carmakers posts a good effect on the industry.
“We are highly encouraged by the support we are getting from major automotive manufacturers which is a very strong indication that our transportation sector is slowly but steadily transitioning to more modern, energy-efficient, greener and sustainable mobility so that we can create cleaner and better cities for our children,” Araga said.
“Accelerating our country’s transition to fossil free driving would require, more than ever, the help of our academic institutions in terms of research, innovation, industry linkage, trainings, among others. That’s why this year, we are launching the eVAP Academe Chapter to help close the knowledge gap that is holding back our countrymen from choosing electric vehicles and to help our local EV industry address the barriers to widespread EV adoption,” the EVAP prez added.
Dubbed as ‘Electric Vehicles: Modernizing the Transportation Landscape, Driving Sustainable Growth,’ this year’s summit also held the relaunching of the ‘E-mobility Award’ at the SMX Convention Center in the SM Mall of Asia Complex in Pasay City.
The E-Mobility Award recognizes organizations and individuals for their outstanding contribution to the realization of EVAP’s vision and mission through successful EV deployments, advocacy efforts, or through innovations that aim to simplify and increase the electrification process.
This year’s event highlights the following:
· Current efforts on establishing a national regulatory framework for the use of electric vehicles and the establishment of charging stations;
· Presentation on E-Mobility Solutions to be led by Nissan Motor Corporation Ltd. and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation;
· Plenary sessions on developing the Philippine EV industry, addressing the EV infrastructure challenge and learnings from abroad on building a robust EV ecosystem for the country;
· Presentations on successful EV deployments in the country;
· EV exhibition showcasing the latest trends in e-mobility solutions;
· Launching of the EVAP Academe Chapter; and
· EV test drive sessions to provide delegates with an opportunity to have hands-on EV experience.