Nissan Intelligent Mobility will help you get back in the saddle
A person can forget a lot in the span of three months. For those who may have lost the talent to drive while their car was in storage during the COVID-19 quarantine, Nissan assures you that their suite of intelligent driver assistance systems have got you covered.
The Nissan Intelligent Mobility suite comprises an array of smart driver assistance technologies that include Nissan's ProPILOT Assist, Intelligent Cruise Control, Blind Spot Warning, High Beam Assist, and Traffic Sign Recognition—all of which are designed to help drivers “avoid common mistakes and improve road safety," according Chris Reed, senior vice president of Research and Development at Nissan Technical Center North America.
"You use a lot of reflex memory when you operate a vehicle so if you have been off the roads for a while, now is a good time to understand how these features can truly improve the overall driving experience,” Reed said.
Nissan enumerates some of the real-world benefits delivered by its Intelligent Mobility system:
- Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection - provides audio and visual alerts and even apply the brakes to help avoid or mitigate collisions.
- Rear Automatic Braking - helps the driver detect stationary objects when backing up and, if necessary, can apply the brakes to help avoid a collision.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert - watches the area around the rear of the vehicle and warns drivers about detected approaching vehicles they might not see.
- Traffic Sign Recognition - keeps the driver updated with the latest speed limit by detecting road signs.
- Nissan Safety Shield 360 - alerts drivers if they begin to drift from their lane or if another vehicle is in their blind spot areas.
- ProPILOT Assist - combines Nissan's Intelligent Cruise Control and Steering Assist technologies to maintain a gap with the car in front at a preset distance and to help keep the vehicle centered during single-lane highway driving, even on slight curves.
For good measure, Nissan’s mobility solution also comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, along with intelligent mobility tools such as NissanConnect with Navigation and Services.
Photos from Nissan
2020 Nissan Patrol Reaches Australasia