New and Used Toyota Corolla for Sale Philippines | Toyota Corolla Price List
Hands down, the Toyota Corolla is the best-selling car in the world. With over 40 million in sales since its launch in 1966, and over 5 million units between it and its closest rival the Ford F-Series, the Corolla is truly the undisputed king of all vehicles.
Apart from the Land Cruiser, the Corolla is the oldest model in Toyota’s entire product line. The first generation rolled out from 1966 to 1969 in Japan, and was introduced to the North American market in the summer of 1968. Two versions were available—a four-door sedan and a two-door wagon, both using the same 1.1L 60 HP engine. The Toyota Corolla small body and Toyota Corolla big body can still be seen frequently on Philippines roads.
In 1999, Toyota decided to update the Corolla model for the 21st century and introduced the Toyota Altis as its replacement. Characterized by an edgier and bulkier styling, the Altis is the ninth generation in the Corolla family line, and is an ASEAN and south Asian market exclusive. Owing to its immense popularity, the Corolla is considered a staple for most Filipino car owners. The flagship model revolutionized the Philippine auto market in the 1990s as a family vehicle and a commuter sedan.
CARMUDI SCORESHEET FOR TOYOTA COROLLA
VALUE FOR MONEY
overall score by Carmudi's car expert:
The new Toyota Corolla 2017 in the Philippines Has Finally Been Revealed
Toyota Corolla 2017 in the Philippines
How is the 2017 Toyota Corolla different from the 2016 model?
If there’s one thing that the new 2017 Toyota Corolla does well, it's maintaining an affordable and fuel-efficient system without missing a step with design and technology. Known as the Toyota Corolla Altis, changes are mostly on its exterior, particularly color variants, with other updates that include:
- Aerodynamic exteriors
- Special edition models
- New technology features
- Updated CVT (Continuous Variable Transmission)
What is new about the Toyota Corolla 2017 design?
One noticeable change in the new Toyota Corolla 2017 is its interior. Materials have been improved and upgraded, using more luxurious and high-end materials that give a classier ambiance inside the vehicle. Other design changes of Toyota Corolla 2017 are:
- LED highlights
- More responsive steering wheel dials
- Better exterior appearance
- Well-defined Grille
What are Toyota Corolla 2017 specs and features?
The new Toyota Corolla has four trim variants to choose from: L, LE Eco, S, and LE. It has made significant improvements in the technology and functionality department, upgrading features such as:
- Advanced Star Safety System
- Voice recognition control
- Better audio system quality
- Softex seats for better comfort
What are Toyota Corolla 2017 prices in the Philippines?
The price of Toyota Corolla 2017 can range from P850,000 to P1,230,000, depending upon the added features and trim variants. Here are some of the available prices of the new Toyota Corolla:
- Toyota Corolla 2.0 V A/T WP: 1,230,000
- Toyota Corolla V A/T WP: 1,028,000
- Toyota V A/T: 1,013,000
- Toyota E M/T: 850,000
Toyota Corolla Review in the Philippines
Toyota Corolla Specs and Performance
When Toyota redesigned the Corolla for the 1999 model year, it gave its flagship sedan the name Corolla Altis in the ASEAN region. Thus, technically speaking, the Corolla is an out-of-production vehicle. Nevertheless, the names “Toyota Corolla” and “Toyota Corolla Altis” are used interchangeably by some, with the 2017 Toyota Corolla Altis boasting of better quality craftsmanship and more streamlined design.
The last generation of the Corolla (before it was rebranded as the Altis) offered two engine options: a 1.3 liter DOHC, 4-valve gasoline engine which propels it with 75 horsepower and 115 Nm of torque and a 1.6 liter version of the same engine which produces 110 horsepower and 150 Nm of torque. The last Corolla has a maximum of speed of 170 to 190 kilometers per hour (kph) and can accelerate from 0-100 kph in 12.8 seconds and 10.8 seconds for the 1.3 liter and 1.6 liter, respectively.
For the general market, the Corolla was offered in four trim levels: Toyota Corolla Base, Toyota Corolla XL, Toyota Corolla XE and Toyota Corolla GLi. Toyota Corolla suspension system employs a wishbone system at the front and a depreciated rack at the rear.
Toyota Corolla Fuel Consumption
Below is a list of some popular Toyota Corolla years and their fuel consumption rates. Figures are in liters per 100 kilometer (l/100km) format:
New Toyota Corolla fuel consumption:
- Toyota Corolla 2017 (Altis): TBA
- Toyota Corolla 2016 (Altis): 7.4 avg L/100KM
- Toyota Corolla 2015 (Altis): 7.3 avg L/100KM
- Toyota Corolla 2014 (Altis): 7.1 avg L/100KM
Second hand Toyota Corolla fuel consumption:
- Toyota Corolla 1999: 8.0 l/100km
- Toyota Corolla 1998: 7.8 l/100km
- Toyota Corolla 1997: 8.3 l/100km
- Toyota Corolla 1996: 8.3 l/100km
Toyota Corolla Features
Toyota Corolla Convenience and Entertainment Features
The Corolla is practically unbeatable in the sedan category, but does face some stern competition from other nameplates such as the Mitsubishi Lancer, Honda Civic and Mazda 3. Despite this, it still is considered the perfect economy car that has stood the test of time. There are three good reasons why it sits comfortably at number one—it’s efficient, affordable, and has a well-known reputation as a car that will run forever. Some of its most notable features include:
- Electronic Power Steering
- Improved Door Lock Switch Movement
- Dual TFT Instrument Cluster
- Driver Control Stalks behind the steering wheel
- Air conditioning
- Dual vanity mirrors
Toyota Corolla Safety Features
Thanks to its world class safety features, the Toyota Corolla received a 5-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the highest possible safety rating available.
Toyota has equipped the Corolla with topnotch safety and security features such as:
- Child seat anchors
- Rear door child safety locks
- Rear center 3-point belt
- Front seatbelt pretensioners
- Emergency interior trunk release
- Rear height adjustable headrests
Toyota Corolla Design
Toyota Corolla Interior
Toyota made a point to make everything look sleek and modern from inside-out when they rolled out the last Corolla model. Despite its label as an economy car, the broad strokes that define its design make the compact sedan pleasant to look at from every angle. Some features worth mentioning include:
- Split-folding rear seatback
- Front and rear cupholders
- Front door pockets
- Telescoping antenna
- 4 total speakers
- AM/FM stereo
Toyota Corolla Exterior
The Corolla’s exterior basic features include 13-inch steel wheels and wind-up windows for the 1.3 liter options and 14-inch steel wheels, an optional spoiler and power options for the 1.6 liter variants. That said, Corollas have been known as “no frill” cars with fewer features than their rivals for better affordability. Those looking for more upscale creature comforts will do well to go with Toyota’s luxury model, the Camry. More exterior features include:
- All season tires
- Inside mounted spare tire
- Intermittent Wipers
- Chrome trim
- Rear defoggers
- Trailer hitch
Toyota Corolla Color Options
Those interested in purchasing a Toyota Corolla for sale can choose from seven classy color options:
- White Pearl
- Super White
- Red Mica Metallic
- Silver Metallic
- Gray Metallic
- Attitude Black Mica
Toyota Corolla Pros and Cons
The Toyota Corolla advantages and disadvantages are as follows:
Toyota Corolla Pros
- The Toyota Corolla has always been known for its phenomenal fuel economy and efficiency.
- The legendary durability of the Toyota Corolla makes it a car that lasts for a very long time.
- The Toyota Corolla has an excellent reliability score and it is a dependable car for daily drives.
- The resale value of the Toyota Corolla is one of the great advantages of owning one.
Toyota Corolla Cons
- One of the downsides of the Toyota Corolla is that it has a pretty slow acceleration.
- Although the power is fine, the Corolla has mediocre handling and unresponsive steering.
- The base transmission available on the Toyota Corolla is adequate but outdated.
- While the cabin of the Toyota Corolla is roomy, the interior design isn't the best out there.
Toyota Corolla Price List in the Philippines
Despite stopping production and being replaced by the Corolla Altis, 2nd hand Toyota Corolla vehicles still deserve to be in any practical car owner’s garage. Here are some of the price lists for used Toyota Corolla vehicles in Carmudi:
New Toyota Corolla in the Philippines
- Toyota Corolla 2017 price in the Philippines (Altis): P893,000
- Toyota Corolla 2016 price in the Philippines (Altis): P850,000
- Toyota Corolla 2015 price in the Philippines (Altis): P805,000
- Toyota Corolla 2014 price in the Philippines (Altis): P585,000
- Toyota Corolla 2013 price in the Philippines (Altis): P560,000
- Toyota Corolla 2012 price in the Philippines (Altis): P495,000
Second Hand Toyota Corolla Price in the Philippines
- Toyota Corolla 1999 price in the Philippines: P142,000
- Toyota Corolla 1998 price in the Philippines: P130,000
- Toyota Corolla 1997 price in the Philippines: P108,000
- Toyota Corolla 1996 price in the Philippines: P95,000
- Toyota Corolla 1995 price in the Philippines: P88,000
- Toyota Corolla 1994 price in the Philippines: P75,000
Toyota Corolla latest offers in the Philippines
Know more about Toyota Corolla price list in the Philippines