The Toyota Innova was first sold in the Indonesian vehicle market back in 2004. The following year saw its release in the Philippines as part of the Japanese car brand’s Innovative International Multi-Purpose Vehicle (IMV) Project, which also included the Hilux and the Fortuner SUV. The Toyota Innova was designed to replace the Toyota Revo and bring its predecessor’s features up to international standards. In terms of appearance, the Toyota Innova has remained practically the same ten years on. As the model enters the twilight of its first generation, the Innova has surely withstood the test of time, and thus has become another winner that Toyota can tuck under its belt.
CARMUDI SCORESHEET FOR TOYOTA INNOVA
VALUE FOR MONEY
overall score by Carmudi’s car expert: Wilbert Tan:
||Latest Price 2017
||Lowest Price 230,000.00
||Highest Price 1,300,000.00|
The New Toyota Innova 2017 in the Philippines Has Been Finally Revealed
Toyota Innova 2017 in the Philippines
How is the 2017 Toyota Innova different from the 2016 model?
Updates to the Toyota Innova 2017 model are generally cosmetic by nature. However, it does receive a few mechanical upgrades, most notably in the engine department. Below are the key differences in the new 2017 Toyota Innova:
- All-new 2.4-liter DOHC engine with Variable Nozzle Turbocharging
- Three driving modes (Eco, Normal and Power)
- Ambient LED cabin lighting
- 3 front airbags (driver, passenger and driver-side knee airbag)
What is new about the Toyota Innova 2017 design?
The Toyota Innova has been the Philippines’ favorite multi-purpose vehicle since it launched in 2005. Not much has changed in the vehicle regarding its design, but the car has received certain updates to help it keep up with the times. Changes to the 2017 Toyota Innova include:
- Redesigned 17-inch alloy wheels
- New rear bumper with boomerang-shaped rear combination lamps
- Narrow, swept back headlamps
- Dual-tone interiors
What are Toyota Innova 2017 specs and features?
The new Innova is slightly larger than the current version, which means that the interior cabin will be more spacious as well. The vehicle’s length, width and height have been increased, although the wheelbase remains the same. Standout features for the Innova’s latest iteration include:
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment unit
- Leather upholstery
- Smart keyless entry
- Cooled glove box
What are Toyota Innova 2017 prices in the Philippines?
Though the all-new Innova is now widely available in certain Asian markets, it is yet to reach the Philippines. Sources say that it could happen any time during the third quarter of the year. Speculated prices for the 2017 variants are as follows:
- Toyota Innova 2017 V 2.8 L Diesel A/T: P1,445,000
- Toyota Innova 2017 G 2.0 L Gas A/T: P1,232,000
- Toyota Innova 2017 E 2.0 L Diesel M/T: P1,142,000
- Toyota Innova 2017 J 2.0 L Gas M/T: P919,000
Toyota Innova Review in the Philippines
Toyota Innova Specs and Performance
All the different Innova trims available come in one of two engine types: the 1TR-FE VVT-I, a turbocharged 2.0L 4-Cylinder In-Line 16 Valve DOHC gasoline engine, or the 2KD-FTV, a 2.5L In-line 16 Valve, DOHC diesel engine, also turbocharged. The gas engine is capable of producing a hefty 136 horsepower and 180 Nm of torque, while the Toyota Innova diesel engine can ably generate 102 horsepower and 200 Nm of torque. Both engines can achieve an acceleration of 0 to 100 kph in 13 seconds. The Toyota Innova’s top speed is an impressive 151 km/h. The Toyota Innova suspension system employs an independent double wishbone for the front and a 4-link with coil spring for the rear in all grade variants.
The Toyota Innova is widely known to be the MPV with the best handling characteristics in its class. Critics are happy to note that the model exudes an almost car-like quality when driven, and is the best people-mover because of its ability to distribute its weight while limiting its body roll and vertical pitch, thanks to a very flexible suspension system.
Toyota Innova Fuel Consumption
Below is a list of some popular Toyota Innova years and their fuel consumption rates. Figures are in kilometers per liter (km/l) format, and are a computed average between city and highway driving:
New Toyota Innova fuel consumption:
- Toyota Innova 2017: 8.0 avg
- Toyota Innova 2016: 8.0 avg
- Toyota Innova 2015: 7.9 avg
- Toyota Innova 2014: 7.9 avg
Second hand Toyota Innova fuel consumption:
- Toyota Innova 2013: 8.5 avg
- Toyota Innova 2012: 8.4 avg
- Toyota Innova 2011: 10.2 avg
- Toyota Innova 2010: 11.6 avg
Toyota Innova Features
Toyota Innova Convenience and Entertainment Features
Inside the Innova’s cabin is a multi-information touchscreen audio system with Bluetooth capabilities, GPS navigation, and a full array of inputs for different devices. Later models feature a sleeker steering wheel design that mirrors that of Toyota’s flagship luxury sedan, the Camry. Steering wheels for the high-end V grades come with audio system controls for easy access. Other features include:
- Steering mounted controls
- Multi information display
- Dual zone air conditioning
- 6-inch touch screen panel
- Centralized door lock
- Power windows
Toyota Innova Safety Features
The Toyota Innova features an airbag for both driver and front passenger. Side mirror-mounted turn signals impart the vehicle with a touch of usefulness as well as class. Other notable safety features include:
- Anti-lock brakes
- Parking sensors
- Child lock protector
- High mount stop lamp
- Car alarm
Toyota Innova Design
Toyota Innova Interior Design
There’s little to complain about when it comes to the Toyota Innova’s roominess, as it can comfortably seat 7 average-sized people in a 2-3-2 setting. As for the trim, the Toyota Innova E boasts several elegant shades of gray, while the higher grade models such as the Toyota Innova G exhibit an exquisitely crafted beige/tan interior. Center console stereo units from 2012 onwards are iPod compatible. Standard interior features across all year models include:
- LED backlit gauges
- Front climate control
- Cup holders
- Tumble-and-slide rear seats
- Leather upholstered steering wheel
- Large trunk capacity
Toyota Innova Exterior Design
The Innova shares a body-on-frame build with its IMV Project brethren the Hilux and the Fortuner. Although many claimed that the large grille was a turn-off early on, it has certainly grown on many car aficionados to the point that it has become a ‘cool feature.’ A shiny chrome element atop the rear license plate holder adds to the car’s classiness. Other exterior elements and accessories that add to this class leading car are:
- Multi-reflector Halogen headlights
- Tinted windows
- Rear bumper step guard
- Rood rail
- Chrome door housing/side mirror cover
- Fog lamps
Toyota Innova Color Options
Potential Toyota Innova owners can choose from seven color variations for the model:
- Silver Metallic
- White Pearl
- Super White
- Gray Metallic
- Dark Brown Mica Metallic
- Red Mica Metallic
Toyota Innova Pros and Cons
Here’s a quick rundown of the Toyota Innova’s advantages and disadvantages so you can decide whether or not to buy a new or 2nd hand Toyota Innova in the Philippines:
Toyota Innova Pros
- The Toyota Innova has a great value-for-money ratio, as it offers plenty of features for an affordable price.
- The interior of the Innova has tons of space and a large cargo area.
- The Innova's cabin has seating for eight with improved leg- and head-room.
- In addition to having ample power, the Toyota Innova stays relatively fuel efficient for its class.
Toyota Innova Cons
- When compared to rivals, the Toyota Innova is on the slower side.
- The Toyota Innova has a somewhat dated exterior design.
- Some reviewers have remarked that the handling of the Toyota Innova is too soft for such a big vehicle.
- While the interior is comfortable and spacious, the materials are somewhat cheap.
Toyota Innova Price List in the Philippines
Affordability is one of the Toyota Innova’s main selling points, and with a wide variety of trims available (18 in all), you can easily find a new Toyota Innova Philippines that fits your budget. Take a look at some new Toyota Innova prices below:
New Toyota Innova Price in the Philippines
- Toyota Innova 2017 price in the Philippines: P1,232,000
- Toyota Innova 2016 price in the Philippines: P1,168,000
- Toyota Innova 2015 price in the Philippines: P980,000
Second hand Toyota Innova Price in the Philippines
- Toyota Innova 2013 price in the Philippines: P761,875
- Toyota Innova 2012 price in the Philippines: P745,000
- Toyota Innova 2011 price in the Philippines: P696,000
Toyota Innova latest offers in the Philippines
Know more about Toyota Innova price list in the Philippines