Bentley elevates latest Bentayga further with new accessories
There appears to be no ceiling for the Bentayga, as Bentley takes its five-door luxury crossover to even higher heights with the introduction of an Akrapovič sports exhaust system specifically designed for the vehicle, along with a slew of accessories in four different ranges.
The Akrapovič sports exhaust system, developed in collaboration with the renowned Slovenian exhaust systems manufacturer, creates “a more exciting exhaust note,” according to the upscale British carmaker. Made from high-grade titanium, the lightweight and heavy-duty system consists of a set of link pipes, a muffler, and two oval tailpipe sets engraved with the Bentley and Akrapovič logos. A special coating further enhances the system’s durability and protection.
The exhaust accessory does away with the central silencer, making use of straight pipes instead. This channels the exhaust gases into the customer rear muffler where they go through a swirl of internal baffles to create a distinctly muscular engine growl. The housings of the exhaust valves offer added control over the sound of the exhaust for the more particular Bentayga owners out there.
The new exhaust system is inspired by the one used by Bentley in the Pikes Peak Bentayga, which set a new record for production SUVs on the infamous Pikes Peak hillclimb in 2018. It is available now for the Bentayga V8 exclusively in Bentley’s North American and Middle East markets. However, owners of the first-generation Bentayga W12 can purchase a version of the exhaust, available globally as an aftersales accessory.
Along with the Akrapovič sports exhaust system, Bentley is also releasing four new collections of accessories, namely - Exterior, Interior, Touring and Protection - now available for customers of the new Bentley Bentayga to enhance the form and functionality of their luxury SUV even further, allowing customers to “increase the individualism, luxury and utility of their Bentayga,” according to the British brand.
The new range of accessories were developed by the same engineers behind the design of the Bentayga, who tested the add-ons with the same level of scrutiny as the vehicle itself. Below is a list of what to expect from each new accessory range:
- This range adds specially-developed high-gloss carbon fiber mirror cowls, which add a particularly eye-catching detail.
- A fixed side step option provides customers with a practical solution aiding entry and exit of the new Bentayga, as well as helping access to roof-mounted accessories.
- A relaxation pack includes leather-trimmed scatter cushions and additional footrests upholstered in luxurious deep pile carpet.
- Bespoke luggage offers a combination of a traditional luggage case and a casual weekender.
- A range of Bentley golf bags are water resistant and exceptionally detailed.
- The touring range expands the Bentayga’s sizable 484-liter boot capacity with further stowage space and luggage management options including a Bentley roof box, capability to carry up to three bikes or six sets of skis, and storage for valuables.
- Branded cross bars are the base of Bentayga’s roof mounted storage system, and secure the roof box or ski and snowboard carrier to the car.
- A lockable roof box offers secure storage, with a load capacity of 75kgs and a volume of 320liters.
- A multi-functional boot stowage box option fits securely to the boot floor and allows an internal drawer to slide out, allowing convenient access to contents.
- The load assist tray option is integrated into the boot runners and slides out effortlessly, allowing easy access to stored items.
- Two versions of the Bentley Cycle Carrier are available, to carry two or three bikes mounted to the car via the tow bar.
- The protection range consists of car covers, heavy duty interior mats and mud flaps.
- Two different exterior covers are available, both shaped to match the contours of the new Bentayga with precision.
- Specifically designed for Bentayga, the mud flaps have been developed to protect the car’s paintwork and help maintain its exterior condition.
The Bentley Bentayga runs on a 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged gasoline V8 engine that develops an impressive 542hp and 770Nm of torque. In the local market, the Bentley Bentayga can be yours beginning at PHP14.34 million.
Photo/s from Bentley