LTFRB allows 1,943 more traditional PUJs to resume plying Metro Manila routes
After allowing traditional jeepneys to resume operations earlier this month, the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) is taking the next massive leap forward by allowing 1,943 more traditional PUJ units to return to plying 17 newly approved routes in Metro Manila starting tomorrow, July 29.
The 17 additional routes bring the total existing routes for traditional jeepneys in Metro Manila to 66, after the approval of 49 initial routes.
In line with Memorandum Circular (MC) 2020-006, the government transport agency stated that traditional PUJs can return to their existing routes with no special permit necessary. However, the jeeps must display a printed QR Code issued by LTFRB to show that they have been approved for travel.
“In lieu of the Special Permit, a corresponding QR Code shall be issued to the operator prior to operation, which must be printed in an 8.5” x 11” paper (short bond paper size) and displayed in the PUJ,” the transport agency said in a Facebook post.
"The operator may secure their QR Code by downloading it from the LTFRB website at www.ltfrb.gov.ph starting tomorrow, 28 July 2020, at 3:00pm." the LTFRB added.
The transport agency also emphasized that the existing fare of P9.00 for the first four kilometers and P1.50 for succeeding kilometer is still in place, and PUJ drivers and operators shall make no fare adjustments unless approved by the Board.
PUJ operators and drivers are likewise required to implement a set of safety measures for passengers, such as checking of body temperature, wearing masks and gloves at all times, limiting the number of passengers at a maximum 50 percent capacity, and distributing Passenger Contact Forms for COVID-19 tracking.
LTFRB identified the 17 additional routes, indicated in MC 2020-029 as Annex A, as the following:
- T106 MCU - Sangandaan
- T109 Novaliches - Rizal Ave. via A. Bonifacio
- T111 Tandang Sora - Visayas Ave. via Quezon City Hall
- T112 Monumento - Paco, Obando via M.H. Del Pilar
- T114 Quirino Highway - Sta. Lucia
- T203 Crame - Cubao via Murphy
- T204 Crame - Q. Mart via P Tuazon, E. Garcia
- T214 SSS Village, Marikina - Cubao, Quezon City
- T215 Parang,Marikina - Marikina (TP) via Fortune
- T216 Guadalupe (ABC) - Taguig via Tipas
- T217 Calumpang - Cubao via P. Tuazon
- T304 Ayala - Guadalupe (Ibabaw) via JP Rizal
- T337 Libertad, Pasay - Pasay Rd.
- T341 Paco - Sta.Mesa Rtda via Nagtahan
- T342 Pier South - Sta. Ana via P. Faura
- T345 Navotas - Recto via Heroes Del 96
- T346 Gate 5 - Greenhills Shopping Center Loop
Photos from LTFRB Facebook Page, PIO-Baguio Facebook Page