New and Used Yamaha Mio for Sale Philippines
The Yamaha Mio is a series of scooters which are sold primarily in Southeast Asian markets such as the Philippines. The Mio is Yamaha’s platform of customizable motorcycles equipped with Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). The Mio varieties that are available in the country include the Mio Soul, Soul i, Mio 125 MX, MXi, Mio Sport Limited Edition and the Mio Fino. All are produced by Yamaha Motors Philippines. In other Asean countries, the Mio is marketed as a moped, or a light motorcycle with a lower displacement. Yamaha Motor Philippines produces all of the Yamaha Mio variants including the limited edition Yamaha Mio Amore (from the Sporty variant).
This Yamaha Mio was introduced to the Southeast Asian region in 2003, and was based on the Yamaha Nuovo. In 2006, the Mio was refreshed and given an updated name to reflect these changes. The Yamaha Mio Soul featured a highly stylized V-shape headlight and body stripes. Yamaha categorizes the Mio as a leisure bike that inspires creativity because of its rather youthful design complete with striking graphics and colors. The scooter is an excellent choice for beginners as it comes with an automatic transmission system, which makes the learning curve a cinch. The Yamaha Mio is a good option for anyone looking for a used motorcycle for sale in the Philippines.
CARMUDI SCORESHEET FOR YAMAHA MIO
VALUE FOR MONEY
overall score by Carmudi's car expert:
Yamaha Mio Review in the Philippines
Yamaha Mio Specs and Performance
The Mio series uses a 4-stroke, SOHC 2-valve engine with a force air cooled system that produces 7.6 horsepower and 7.4 Nm of torque for models with a 110 cc displacement. When driven in highway conditions, this model accelerates from 0-100 kilometers per hour (kph) in 18 seconds and can reach a top speed of 95 kph under the same driving conditions. The Mio’s frame is a steel tube underbone and it has an electric starter and kick starter to get the engine going.
All Mio variants have the steel tube underbone frame with a single disc drum front brake. The Mio also has a fuel tank capacity of 4.1 liters and weighs 91 kg without fuel and oil. Its other parts such as the engine, its rear swingarm and front telescopic fork suspension remain unchanged. The Mio is a compact scooter with a 1,240mm wheelbase and a ground clearance of 125mm.
Yamaha Mio Fuel Consumption
The Mio motorcycle has remained practically the same since 2006, with the same mechanical, electrical and individual equipment. As such, the Yamaha Mio’s fuel efficiency rating has also remained unchanged since then. That said, fuel consumption is a weak point for the Mio, and the reason for this is the unusual combination of a fully automatic transmission and bigger-than-usual carburetor.
New Yamaha Mio fuel consumption:
- Yamaha Mio 2017: 40 km/l average rating
- Yamaha Mio 2016: 40 km/l average rating
- Yamaha Mio 2015: 40 km/l average rating
- Yamaha Mio 2014: 40 km/l average rating
Second hand Yamaha Mio fuel consumption:
- Yamaha Mio 2013: 40 km/l average rating
- Yamaha Mio 2012: 40 km/l average rating
- Yamaha Mio 2011: 40 km/l average rating
- Yamaha Mio 2010: 40 km/l average rating
Yamaha Mio Features
Yamaha Mio Convenience and Entertainment Features
Although the Mio has a smaller engine than most of its counterparts, the motorcycle still manages to respond quicker than most. Sharp turns and cornering are made easy by the bike’s stellar handling, and driving straight is equally just as smooth. It’s also highly upgradeable. Examples of accessories that can be fitted onto the Mio to personalize it are:
- MTR shock absorbers
- Digital voltmeter display
- Upholstered seat
- Cyclone anti-theft alarm system
- Muffler cover
- Shock absorbers
Yamaha Mio Safety Features
Generally speaking, Yamaha is a brand that is concerned with safety. The Yamaha Mio includes safety and security features such as the ones listed below. Of course, to enhance your safety on a motorcycle, always wear the right gear, from helmet, to goggles, to gloves, etc. And as always, drive only in the recommended speeds.
- Keyhole shutter system
- Automatic headlight
- Side stand switch
- Single disc front brake/rear drum brake
- Telescopic fork/unit swing suspension system
- 32-watt headlight
Yamaha Mio Design
Yamaha Mio Interior
The Yamaha Mio’s driver seat is wrapped in black and includes features such as a compartment box, and inner pockets for additional storage. As for the Mio’s other attractive features, these include:
- Striking meter panel design
- CVT engine
- Key shutter
- Solid footboard
- Covered muffler
- Tandem step
Yamaha Mio Exterior
The Yamaha Mio is a striking scooter. Its vibrant colors and eye-catching graphics will help you stand out on the road. Some exterior features include:
- Illuminated meter panel
- Key shutter
- Covered muffler
- 745 mm. seat height
- Tandem step
Yamaha Mio Color Options
The Yamaha Mio is available in the following colors in the Philippines:
- Leaf green metallic
- Deep reddish yellow cocktail
- Bluish white cocktail
Yamaha Mio Pros and Cons
Read on to find out the Yamaha Mio’s advantages and disadvantages:
Yamaha Mio Pros
- The Yamaha Mio is a motorcycle that shines with its excellent and smooth handling.
- The Yamaha Mio is an ideal bike with its comfortable ride and responsive engine.
- The Yamaha Mio has a nice styling with a good range of colors to suit all tastes.
- The Yamaha Mio has an efficient braking system and highly durable disc brakes.
Yamaha Mio Cons
- The power of the Yamaha Mio engine is not quite on par with famous competitors.
- The Yamaha Mio has thinner tires than usual, which may not feel safe for everyone.
- The absence of digital speedometers on the Yamaha Mio makes it feel unmodern.
- The fuel consumption of the Yamaha Mio is not as efficient as some other rivals.
Yamaha Mio Price List in the Philippines
A brand new Yamaha Mio 2017 is sold at P69,900 and its top-of-the-line variant the Soul I costs P78,900. Meanwhile, a second hand Yamaha Mio for sale can be bought for P45,000 and below for 2010 models and older depending on its variant, general condition and mileage. Below is a list of brand new and 2nd hand Yamaha Mio models with their corresponding prices:
New Yamaha Mio Price in the Philippines
- Yamaha Mio 2017 price in the Philippines: n/a
- Yamaha Mio 2016 price in the Philippines: n/a
- Yamaha Mio 2015 price in the Philippines: P69,900
- Yamaha Mio 2014 price in the Philippines: P50,000
Second Hand Yamaha Mio Price in the Philippines
- Yamaha Mio 2012 price in the Philippines: P40,000
- Yamaha Mio 2010 price in the Philippines: P35,000
- Yamaha Mio 2009 price in the Philippines: P28,000
- Yamaha Mio 2007 price in the Philippines: P26,000
Yamaha Mio latest offers in the Philippines
Know more about Yamaha Mio price list in the Philippines