Geely reels in sun-roof-fitted Okavango variety to PH shores
The local arm of Chinese automotive arm Geely has just brought the latest variant for their recently-launched model Okavango—the Okavango Urban Plus.
Similar to the Urban variant, the Okavango Urban Plus also showcases its potent 1.5L Turbo engine, the spacious interior with three rows for passengers, 19-seat configurations, 42 storage nooks and compartments, double-layer console, and triple-zone air-conditioning system that has CN95 filter.
However, the newest Okavango offering has the following features that fit its “Wonderfully Distinct Even More” slogan:
- 60-inch Panoramic Sunroof
- three-layer shading materials to fully block the sun rays
- Rainfall sensor with automatic shutdown function
- ADB (Adaptive Drive Beam) Matrix LED Headlamps
- four lighting modes
- Self-adjusting high and low beams
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (Steering Linkage)
- Automatic Headlight Leveler
- 12.3-inch Digital Instrument Panel
- With music, radio, and other multimedia functions
“For SGAP, it will all be about moving forward and cautiously beefing up the game this year. We will further reinforce our product line up for this year starting with the introduction of the Okavango Urban Plus variant and a few more updates and another model in the second half of the year,” SGAP Executive Vice President Yosuke Nishi said.
With all the bells and whistles, the new variant is priced at P1.478 million.
The China-based automotive manufacturer made its first dip in the D-Segment with the Geely Okavango—known as Hao Yue in China—since its launch last June. The biggest SUV for the brand to date, the Geely Okavango is a seven-seater SUV that goes against the likes of the Toyota Fortuner, Mitsubishi Montero, Isuzu Mu-X, Hyundai Santa Fe, among others.
Photos from Sojitz G Auto Philippines