NLEX assures effective implementation of cashless payment scheme
The tollways on the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) is undergoing improvements in its systems and its physical stations to make sure that these will be fully ready to implement full cashless transactions starting November 2.
According to NLEX Corporation, such improvements along the NLEX-SCTEX stretch include the installation of 303 new canopy signages and 66 units of plaza lighting. They said that of the said signages, 100 were completed in the first week of October and the remaining ones will be done by December.
Aside from that, they are also repainting pavement markings at the toll plazas to help direct traffic, while the lights would increase visibility at night.
NLEX Corporation President and General Manager J. Luigi Bautista said that with the shift to cashless payment schemes, the public can expect more changes in the coming days.
“As we fully transition to 100% cashless transactions, motorists can expect more improvements and we will continue to ensure safety while delivering unmatched public service,” Bautista said.
“We have ramped up our installation efforts and refinements in our systems and other innovations are being employed to provide efficient expressway travel experience to our customers,” he added.
Based on Department Order 2020-012 issued by the Department of Transportation (DOTr), the all-RFID toll collection system will take place in all expressways in the country by November 2, 2020 in line with the government efforts to minimize physical contact.
Further, the NLEX Corporation said that the toll canopies will be also repainted and the lane status indicators that show the open and closed status of toll lanes are being replaced with circular green and red cross (X) signals.
“More than the aesthetics, these enhancements are necessary to keep our facilities in good condition and guide motorists as they head on to the expressways,” Bautista explained.
They have also announced that the realignment of RFID sensors is on-going in 32 NLEX-SCTEX toll lanes to enhance read range and enable faster detection. This improvement covers the entry and exit lanes in Valenzuela, Marilao, Bocaue, Tambobong, Balagtas, San Fernando, Tarlac, and Tipo.
Back in July, they have realigned the 100 toll lane sensors.
The Tambobong, Pulilan, Mexico, Karuhatan Interchange, Sta. Rita, San Miguel (Hacienda Luisita), Concepcion, Clark South A&B, and Tipo toll plazas are set to be converted into exclusive RFID lanes this month, following the conversion that was made in Dau, Porac, Mabiga, Lawang Bato Northbound Entry, Philippine Arena toll plazas, and expansion lanes in Balintawak and Bocaue toll plazas.
Moreover, the NLEX Corporation announced more Easytrip RFID installation sites to accommodate the increasing number of motorists using the said technology to use the expressways.
Around 31 sites have been opened to get their free RFID stickers and they are the following:
- Balintawak Northbound Lane N10 (24/7)
- Balintawak Customer Service Center Parking Area (Monday to Sunday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM)
- Balintawak Weighing Station (Monday to Sunday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM)
- Shell Balintawak (Monday to Saturday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- Mindanao Northbound Lane N02 (Monday to Sunday, 6:30 AM to 10:00 PM)
- Mindanao Customer Service Parking Area (Mon. to Sun., 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM)
- Easytrip Tent before Karuhatan Toll Plaza (Monday to Saturday, 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- NLEX Drive and Dine (Mon. to Sat., 8:30 PM to 5:00 PM)
- Marilao Toll Plaza Southbound Entry Parking Area (Monday to Sunday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM)
- Petron Marilao (Monday to Saturday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- Bocaue Southbound Lane X01 (Monday to Sunday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM)
- Petron Bocaue (Monday to Saturday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- Bocaue Weighing Station (Monday to Sunday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 p.m.)
- Philippine Arena Northbound Exit Lane N04 (Monday to Sunday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- Philippine Arena Southbound Entry (Monday to Saturday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- Balagtas Toll Plaza Entry (Monday to Saturday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- Shell Burol (Monday to Saturday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- Easytrip Tent after Balagtas Toll Plaza Exit (Monday to Sunday, 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM)
- Tabang Customer Service Center Parking Area (Monday to Saturday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM)
- Rita Parking Area before Northbound Entry (Monday to Sunday, 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM)
- Pulilan Parking Area after Northbound Exit (Monday to Sunday, 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM)
- San Fernando Customer Service Center (Monday to Saturday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM)
- Easytrip Tent after Mexico Toll Plaza Exit (Monday to Sunday, 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM)
- Petron Lakeshore (Monday to Saturday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- Easytrip Tent before Angeles Toll Plaza Entry (Monday to Saturday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- Easytrip Tent before Angeles Toll Plaza Exit (Monday to Sunday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM)
- Easytrip Tent after Dau Northbound Exit (Monday to Sunday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM)
- Easytrip Tent before Mabiga Northbound Exit (Monday to Sunday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM)
- Easytrip Tent before Porac Toll Plaza Exit (Monday to Sunday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM)
- Easytrip Tent before Tarlac Toll Plaza Entry (Monday to Saturday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
- Easytrip Tent after Tipo Toll Plaza (Monday to Sunday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM)
To note, motorists may get the Easytrip RFID by visiting the abovementioned installation sites along NLEX-SCTEX. All they have to do is fill out the subscription form then pay the initial load of P500 for Class 1 vehicles, and P1,000 for Class 2 and 3 vehicles. Motorists are also encouraged to fill out the subscription form online thru www.easytrip.ph.
After being installed, the NLEX and SCTEX RFID users would be able to traverse other Metro Pacific Tollways-owned expressways like the CAVITEX and CALAX.
They also said that reloading the RFID can be done via the Easytrip mobile application (available for both Android and iOS phones) and thru online reloading partners such as PayMaya, Eon, GCash, Bancnet, Mastercard, Visa, UCPB, BPI, Metrobank, BDO, Coins.ph, and Smart Money.
Also, they may drop by to the nearest reloading sites, select gas stations, and bills payment centers in malls. Transactions and remaining balance may be viewed on the Easytrip website or mobile app.
Photo/s from NLEX Corporation