Toyota US retails 2021 RAV 4 Prime within P2-million range
Toyota has claimed it to be its "quickest and most fuel-efficient" RAV 4 ever, and we agree.
With a 302-horsepower and a projected speed of around 6 seconds to cover 0-100 kph, the newest RAV-4 plug-in version in the U.S. is now considered the quickest in the Japanese company's current SUV lineup.
First revealed at the 2019 Los Angeles Auto Show, the RAV 4 Prime also boasts of the highest EV range of any PHEV SUV on the market today, with a manufacturer-estimated 1.6 km on battery alone (single charge).
The newest RAV 4 Prime comes in SE and XSE Grades that showcase athletic on-road performance and premium comfort and style.
SE GradeDynamic, and with a bit of athletic vibe in the design, the SE has an 18-in painted and machined alloy wheels with an aggressive front grille design that struts confidently like it owns the road.
Meanwhile, its piano black exterior accents and painted grille/diffuser add depth and class to its appearance.
The SE comes with these standard features:
- 8-way power driver’s seat with lumbar adjustment
- Heated front seats
- 7-in. Multi-Information Display
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob with red stitching
- Power Back Door
- Audio with 8-in. touchscreen and Amazon Alexa integration, as well as Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility
- 3 kW on-board charger
XSE GradeThis variant offers an available two-tone exterior paint scheme together a black roof with select colors--including a striking new-to-RAV4 Supersonic Red. Other features include:
- Exclusive 19-in. two-tone alloy wheels, the largest ever offered on a hybrid RAV4
- Vertical LED accent lights
- Paddle shifters
- SofTex®-trimmed seat surfaces
- Qi-wireless phone charger
- Ambient interior lighting
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink universal transceiver
- Audio Plus with 9-in. touchscreen
Some of the available options for the XSE grade include the Weather Package (Heated Steering Wheel and Heated Rear Outboard Seats), Weather and Audio Package (JBL Premium Audio Dynamic Navigation with 3 year trial Destination Assist with 1 year trial, and Weather with Audio and Premium Package (Panoramic Moonroof, Digital Rearview Mirror, Bird’s Eye View Camera, Parking Assist with Automatic Braking, Adaptive Front Headlight System, and 4-way power adjustable front passenger seat with seatback pocket).
SafetyAll Toyota RAV 4 models are equipped with the standard Toyota Safety Sense (TSS 2.0), that boost safety in the road. They include:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD)
- Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA)
- Automatic High Beam (AHB)
- Lane Tracing Assist (LTA)
- Road Sign Assist (RSA)
If you're itching to purchase this vehicle from the U.S., then you should know that the 2021 Rav 4 Prime SE is priced at $38,100 (PHP 1.9 million), while the XSE variant comes at $41,425 (PHP 2.09 million). Note that these prices exclude other fees, like delivery, processing, handling, and shipping fees, so make sure to factor them in your budget as well.
Photos from Toyota USA