Ford revamps Ranger lineup
During an online reveal, Ford Philippines brought the refreshed design, refining the Ford Ranger XLS, XLT, and Wildtrak 4x2 and 4x4 variants that are “attuned to today’s needs and lifestyles.”
Ford Philippines President and Managing Director PK Umashankar expressed confidence that the revamped lineup (which is composed of 13 variants), will forge their current positioning in the local pick-up truck segment.
“Our new Ford Ranger lineup will allow us to continue building on our leadership in the pickup segment in the country,” he said. “The new Ranger is set to deliver on its promise of functionality and capability while enabling the diverse needs and lifestyles of our customers.”
Boasting a more aggressive look, the new Ford Ranger wears revised design elements that give it a tougher stance.
The upgrades in the new Ranger Wildtrak variants include the new trapezoidal shape grille with Saber accents, gloss black wheels and gloss black accents on its front grille, lower bumper, rear bumper, fog lamp bezel, exterior mirrors, fender grille, sports bar with Saber insert, roof rail, and tailgate handle, to match the ‘Wildtrak’ decals on the side door and a 3D ‘Wildtrak’ decal on the tailgate.
The exclusive accessory that can be found on the 4x4 Wildtrak as optional offer is the power roller shutter. Original equipment from Ford, the automatic power roller shutter, can be adjusted with the three power buttons located in the dashboard. It comes with a pick-up bed for easy access and power tailgate lock.
The Ranger XLT variant now wears a new front grille with chrome accents and exterior gloss black accents on the front grille, exterior mirrors, door handles, and fog lamp bezel while XLS variants now has new front grille design.
The new Ranger XLS, XLT, and Wildtrak variants are available in all Ford dealerships nationwide starting February 17, 2021 with the following pricing:
- Ranger 2.0L BiTurbo Raptor 4x4 AT: P1.998 million
- Ranger 2.0L BiTurbo Wildtrak 4x4 AT: P1.728 million
- Ranger 2.0L Wildtrak 4x2 AT: P1.455 million
- Ranger 2.2L FX4 4x4 AT: P1.416 million
- Ranger 2.0L Wildtrak 4x2 MT: P1.39 million
- Ranger 2.2L FX4 4x4 MT: P1.356 million
- Ranger 2.2L FX4 4x2 AT: P1.316 million
- Ranger 2.2L FX4 4x2 MT: P1.256 million
- Ranger 2.2L XLT 4x2 AT: P1.236 million
- Ranger 2.2L XLS 4x4 MT: P1.181 million
- Ranger 2.2L XLT 4x2 MT: P1.176 million
- Ranger 2.2L XLS 4x2 AT: P1.092 million
- Ranger 2.2L XLS 4x2 MT:P1.062 million
However, Umashankar said that pricing announced still does not reflect the Safeguard measure adjustments.
In line with the reveal, Aside from that, Ford Philippines also launched the new ‘Live the Ranger Life’ philosophy, aiming to highlight and celebrate the many ways that the renowned strength and engineering capabilities of the Ranger reflects and support its customers’ personal goals and drive in life, centered around five guiding values:
- Up and Over — There’s no challenge we don’t tackle head on. When we see a mountain range we want to go over, not around. This is true of our truck, users, Ford and partners.
- Can’t Help But Help — We are doers. We pitch in. When people need help or assistance we’re always there. On the building site, helping friends or loved ones, or our dealers within their local communities.
- Where There Isn’t a Path, Carve One — We are the truck that redefined the category. We don’t wait for others to lead. We have a vision and objective and we’re fearless in what we need to do to achieve our goals.
- Bring Others Along the Journey — It’s great to work hard and achieve recognition, but even better to share it with those who mean the most - our family and friends.
- We Make Our Own Fun — There’s no such thing as all work and no play. And when it’s time to play, we know how to make the most of those opportunities. Our truck is awesome and fun to drive.
“Live the Ranger Life will allow us to connect with our customers in a deeper and more emotional way by showcasing how the Ranger enables their passions and goals. Understanding our customers allows us to deliver the right vehicles that truly meet their needs today and in the future. Beyond their functionality and versatility, pickup trucks have become symbols of success for our customers, and the new Ranger’s refreshed look and design will allow them to fully express their identity and individuality,” Umashankar noted.
Photos from Ford Philippines