Multicab is a light, small truck manufactured and produced by the Japanese automaker Suzuki since 1961. It is typically used for public transport and is a popular mini-truck in the Philippines. The minivan version was originally called the Suzuki Carry. In 1982, the name was changed to Suzuki Every. After that, the Multicab has gone through numerous name changes, basically having a different name in each country it was released in. Due to being a popular vehicle in many countries as well as having a great reputation of reliability and practicality, the Multicab holds the distinction of being the only car ever offered with both Chevrolet and Ford badges. Suzuki Multicab models sold in the Philippines are surpluses from Japan. The most recent models of the Suzuki Multicab, named the Suzuki Scrum and the Suzuki Every, are designed for small businesses. Many people seek Suzuki Multicab for sale in the Philippines due to the great features it offers. It is affordable, dependable and versatile and is a top choice if you are looking for 2nd hand cars for sale in the small transporter segment. In its home market in Japan, the Suzuki Multicab runs as a rival for a number of similar-sized vehicles, including the Subaru Sambar, Mitsubishi Minicab, Honda Acty and Daihatsu Hijet. In the Philippines, people usually compare Suzuki Multicab vs Mitsubishi L300 vs Mazda Bongo. Carmudi has prepared a detailed review of Suzuki Multicab in the Philippines, with information about its engine specifications, features, design, prices and latest offers.
CARMUDI SCORESHEET FOR SUZUKI MULTICAB
VALUE FOR MONEY
overall score by Carmudi’s car expert: Wilbert Tan:
||Latest Price 2017
||Lowest Price 150,000.00
||Highest Price 280,000.00|
Suzuki Multicab Review in the Philippines
Suzuki Multicab: Engine Specifications and Performance
The Suzuki Multicab is small but powerful. Most of the reconfigured Suzuki Multicab models in the Philippines have a 0.7-liter 3-cylinder SOHC gasoline engine which can produce up to 64 horsepower and 90 Nm of torque. With this engine, the Multicab can accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 15 to 18 seconds and reach a top speed of 85 km/h. In some other markets, the Multicab comes with a 1.6-liter i4 engine with 91 horsepower. With the help of this engine, the car can reach a top speed of 140 km/h. Speed transmission of Suzuki Carry is a five-speed manual one with front disk and rear drum brake which is a good configuration.
Suzuki Multicab Suspension system uses a MacPherson strut and Coil Spring at the front and Leaf Spring at the back. Since it is designed for heavy transport, the ride can feel rigid and bouncy without load. If you put some heavy weight onto it however, the ride will smoothen out on its own. For even heavy duty use, Suzuki Multicab 4x4 versions are also available. The Multicab is suitable for many purposes and has ample power and good overall performance.
Suzuki Multicab Fuel Efficiency
With a fuel tank capacity of 42 liters, the Suzuki Multicab is good in terms of fuel efficiency when compared to competitors from the same class, especially with the 0.7-liter engine. The 1.6-liter engine that is available also provides decent fuel economy for the class, but not as good as the first engine. Here are some fuel efficiency comparisons between various Suzuki Multicab models from the past few years:
New Suzuki Multicab Fuel Efficiency:
- Suzuki Multicab 2017: TBA
- Suzuki Multicab 2016: 8.1 avg L/100KM
- Suzuki Multicab 2015: 8.1 avg L/100KM
- Suzuki Multicab 2014: 6.2 avg L/100KM
Older Suzuki Multicab Fuel Efficiency:
- Suzuki Multicab 2013: 6.3 avg L/100KM
- Suzuki Multicab 2010: 6.2 avg L/100KM
- Suzuki Multicab 2009: 6.2 avg L/100KM
- Suzuki Multicab 2008: 6.4 avg L/100KM
Suzuki Multicab Features
Suzuki Multicab Convenience and Entertainment Features
Suzuki Multicab is an affordable small truck that has plenty of customization options and features related to convenience and entertainment. The following Multicab accessories below can be purchased from second hand and surplus parts sellers—some can even install the accessories for you for a fee. Features and accessories include:
- Various storage compartments
- Audio and speaker system
- Replacement steering wheel
- Canopy (for Suzuki Scrum)
- Replacement seats
- FB body
Suzuki Multicab Safety Features
Suzuki Multicab comes equipped with a fair number of basic safety features that protect the driver and passengers. The upscale Multicab iterations have even more safety features. Some of the Suzuki Multicab safety features include:
- Central locking system
- Engine immobilizer
- Driver airbag
- Shock absorbers
- 2 front headrests
- Ventilated disc brakes
The Design of Suzuki Multicab
Suzuki Multicab Interior Design
The Multicab interior has a basic design with a cabin that can seat 2 to 3 front passengers. The cabin tends to feel cramped and uncomfortable for an average-sized person, but on the bright side, Suzuki engineers cleverly maximized the available space inside. The instrument panel is quite ergonomic as well. Some of the interior features include:
- Fabric covered seats
- Manual air conditioner
- Central audio system
- Door pockets
- AM/FM radio
- Power steering
Suzuki Multicab Exterior Design
While there is not much in the design to attract attention, the Suzuki Multicab has a comparatively large load area and deck. The body has basic build quality and design but features diminutive dimensions and workhouse abilities. Its small size boosts its maneuverability, while its lines characterize many modern vehicles. Some of the exterior features include:
- No-frills exterior design
- Body-matched colored bumper
- Bulb type headlamps
- 12-inch steel wheels
- Flat side panels
- Sliding doors
Suzuki Multicab Color Options
The Suzuki Multicab comes available to the Philippines car markets in a choice of different body colors to choose from. Some of these colors are:
Suzuki Multicab Pros and Cons
The following is a list of Suzuki Multicab advantages and disadvantages in the Philippines:
Suzuki Multicab Pros
- The Suzuki Multicab has a great reputation for reliability and practicality.
- The Suzuki Multicab is sold for an affordable price that suits everyone.
- Versatility is one of the main strengths of the Suzuki Multicab, as it is a vehicle used for different purposes and needs.
- Due to its good resale value, the Multicab is a top choice in the small transporter segment.
Suzuki Multicab Cons
- The exterior design of the Suzuki Multicab is outdated and old fashioned.
- The Multicab is tight from the inside with insufficient leg- and head-room.
- The engine available on the Suzuki Multicab isn't bad, but could be more powerful.
- While there are some good accessories you can purchase, the Multicab lacks in terms of tech features.
Suzuki Multicab Price List in the Philippines
Carmudi has prepared a pricelist of the available Suzuki Multicab for sale in the Philippines as the following:
New Suzuki Multicab Price List in the Philippines
- Suzuki Multicab 2017 price in the Philippines: To be announced soon
- Suzuki Multicab 2015 price in the Philippines: P260,000
Second hand Suzuki Multicab Price List in the Philippines
- Suzuki Multicab 2014 price in the Philippines starts from P185,000
- Suzuki Multicab 2013 price in the Philippines starts from P120,000
- Suzuki Multicab 2012 price in the Philippines starts from P100,000
- Suzuki Multicab 2011 price in the Philippines starts from P90,000
- Suzuki Multicab 2010 price in the Philippines starts from P58,000
- Suzuki Multicab 2009 price in the Philippines starts from P80,000
- Suzuki Multicab 2008 price in the Philippines starts from P80,000
- Suzuki Multicab 2007 price in the Philippines starts from P75,000
Please note that prices may vary
Suzuki Multicab latest offers in the Philippines
Know more about Suzuki Multicab price list in the Philippines